NEW Crystalyte 7400 serie motor?

Doctorbass

100 GW
Have you heard about that?

compare%20stators.jpg

http://www.crystalyte.com/new motor series description.htm

The 7400 seems larger than the X5 ??

Doc

How would it be bigger than an x5, with 53mm magnets when it has a 40 mm magnet? Sounds to me like an x4 with a larger diameter rotor. That would be a good motor. Nice motor in between the x5 with 53mm and the 9c with 28 mm.

I think the photo is wrong. The 7400 looks closer to the x6 stator. the middle looks like an x5 the smaller looks like their newer version or the 400 series.

Below is a Pic of the X6 stator. Looks very similar to the 7400.

Attachments

• IMG_0141_S.jpg
    IMG_0141_S.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 6,419
OK.. I think i MUST make some re-adjustemnt about the info we all think about the Crystalyte motor:

The X5 motor stator core IS NOT 53mm wide or 35mm wide..... it's 31mm wide! and it is not about the MAGNET WIDTH.. MAGNET USUALLY HAVE THE SAME WIDTH THAN THE STATOR CORE

IT IS THE OVERALL STATOR WIDTH THAT IS 52.0mm ( let say 53mm)

Let see the pics i took on my freshly repainted X5 5305 stator:

Attachments

• X5 Core Stator width.JPG
    X5 Core Stator width.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 6,039
  • X5 total stator width.JPG
    X5 total stator width.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 6,039
According to the pictur eof the Crystalyte website.. they apparently made a mistake... The stator on the oicture that is closer to an X5 IS THE ONE ON THE RIGHT! :shock: ..

Look on my picture of the staotr measurement and compare..

Doc

What i remember is that the X6 is exactly twice width of the X5.. so if you look on the Crystalyte pictures... if you double the width of the stator core of the one on the right.. it fit perfectly...

that wold mean what they call 7400 would be the X6 and what they call HT24 would be the X5...

Doc

Attachments

• Corrected Crystalyte exemple by Doctorbass.JPG
    Corrected Crystalyte exemple by Doctorbass.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 6,036
Aha, thanks for clarify so 7400 is little bigger 40MM width stator (9mm bigger than X5 stator) right?

I just wrote to Kenny at Crystalyte about that..

Doc

Hi Doc,

Just curious to know the weight of this new motor if an old X5 this one can be more heavier :shock:

Good day!
Black Arrow

chroot said:
Aha, thanks for clarify so 7400 is little bigger 40MM width stator (9mm bigger than X5 stator) right?

7400 is 2x wider than x5.

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought the 53 was magnet width, not stator width. So I got the impression this new motor was smaller than an x5.

But that's how the forum works, I make dumb statement, you educate me. :mrgreen:

So this motor comes with an axle for a bicycle? now it sounds like a motorcycle application to me.

Well, since the 2 new motors weight only 5.5 and 6.5Kg, and considering that they are a slightly bigger diameter, they are very far from the standards of motorcycle application. The pics are not the actual motor stator, they only show the type of construction, that haven't changed much.

The novelties are: A bigger diameter, lighter weight, and sensorless. Performance is supposed to be very similar to the X5 series, but I don't know how many amps they will tolerate. After the test with their 72v 45A controller, I will find someone to do the mod on it, to feed 100v and higher power. Max said that I should have it by the end of january, or 1st week of feb. at the most.

RallySTX said:
Sounds like the perfect motor for my Spoiler. Does anyone know about the availability and source for these?
Brian L.
Maxwell65 here on ES (for sale new), ordered alot of them. I have 2 motors coming in that order, and Max will post the new sale price and details as soon as he receives them. I believe that he will sell them about 100$ LESS than the X5.

Oh damn, sound like monstrous torque than X5 series motor. Someone come and review it.

I guess I just keep getting more confused. So the rotor diameter is bigger? That sounds good, but then leads to issues with using such short spokes. All will be better understood when your motor arrives and we see your testing of it. 8)

Yep, lacing a X5 is a pain in the a**, but the spoke flange on this one might be different. I ordered mine laced on their wheel, since it was very cheap extra, but I know already that I'll have to lace it in a good DH rim sooner or later.

MadRhino said:
Well, since the 2 new motors weight only 5.5 and 6.5Kg, and considering that they are a slightly bigger diameter, they are very far from the standards of motorcycle application. The pics are not the actual motor stator, they only show the type of construction, that haven't changed much.

The novelties are: A bigger diameter, lighter weight, and sensorless. Performance is supposed to be very similar to the X5 series, but I don't know how many amps they will tolerate. After the test with their 72v 45A controller, I will find someone to do the mod on it, to feed 100v and higher power. Max said that I should have it by the end of january, or 1st week of feb. at the most.

Ehm, the new motors have more steel and copper yet they weight less than the X5 at 11kg..? Now, am I the only one who has a problem with such kind of physics..? Are there any more pics of those stators, cause those 2 seem to be heavyweights..?

dangerzone said:
MadRhino said:

Ehm, the new motors have more steel and copper yet they weight less than the X5 at 11kg..? Now, am I the only one who has a problem with such kind of physics..? Are there any more pics of those stators, cause those 2 seem to be heavyweights..?

Same questioning here!

I don't believe that they have more steel and copper, if they are less weight. My guess is that they have less copper, that they compensate with larger diameter to obtain similar torque. Then, they had to save some weight elsewhere, maybe a thinner lighter stator, and-or casing overall weigh.

It is a lighter and cheaper version of the Clyte, so I don't expect it to be as resistant to Amp up. I had no additional info since I ordered one from Max, he's waiting for his shipment, I'll know the facts only when they arrive. I have a bike ready to fit it, so the review will be very soon after.

Well I think i should link to this other thread about a 7400 serie i've heard...

5400.. or 7400.. I dont really know.. but as for the 5404, apparently the Europe people have acces to them on special request, Lowracer that already have one and that posted these pics:

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

They seem have MORE copper but are made with the same material and desing.. but wider... not the strange parameter still is... The "same weight" :|
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24805

Doc

Yes, I've read the thread and I definitely want one as soon as they are available.

This one is another sort of beast, and maybe the reason why this bigger one is the same weight as the X5, is the same for the (X74) N series to be almost half the weight. Although the design looks the same, they must have made something much lighter. Maybe Lowracer can give us the weight of individual parts.

Here is the updated comparaison between some Xlyte motors i've made with the original crystalyte motor comparaison pic from their website:

Attachments

• 5400.JPG
    5400.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 5,089
Doctorbass said:
Well I think i should link to this other thread about a 7400 serie i've heard...

5400.. or 7400.. I dont really know.. but as for the 5404, apparently the Europe people have acces to them on special request, Lowracer that already have one and that posted these pics:

file.php

They seem have MORE copper but are made with the same material and desing.. but wider... not the strange parameter still is... The "same weight" :|
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24805

Doc

If I am not mistaken this hub and wheel is shot on some sort of scale, is there another angle so we could see this 'same weight'..?

Back