http://www.troytec.de/

1272623232snxewlzr12.png

http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=48135

IMG_2071.jpg

the build:
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/ariail/mach1.htm

I just imagine this with some motor :mrgreen:

Doc

I tried riding something similar once, actually 2 different one's, and i was not impressed, i'm sure you get used to it and the owner of the bike can sure move ( on leg power only he was fast !!! ) but i had a hard time finding my ballance and getting going, then i greased up my leg real good as the chain skims the front wheel giving you a very bad turning radius while going slow...

it's like a unicycle, you either can or you canot.... but it's not for everyone.

It almost looks like it has a motor already with the aero wheels. You probably can already fit cells under the bodywork. Maybe it's already electric.... :lol:

The red one seems ripe for one of those Atomic Zombie wide rear tires. Your body makes that big a hole through the air anyway, so if you fair the wheel in with an aero tail it may not kill the aero efficiency much at all. It could be made to look cool as hell and a wide flat tire gives you balance to stop and start (on level spots), and you wouldn't even need a kickstand.

Also check out mbb moving bottom bracket fwd. Then you don't have the chain issues. Front leg power/rear hub. :twisted:

That's gotta be for the track only. Could you imagine riding it on the road with all the blind old drivers around! Squashed like a bug!
otherDoc

docnjoj said:
...Could you imagine riding it on the road with all the blind old drivers around!
That is why you have to ride it in the same position as in a coffin. :mrgreen:

docnjoj said:
That's gotta be for the track only. Could you imagine riding it on the road with all the blind old drivers around! Squashed like a bug!
otherDoc
It would work good on a summer luge track when the ice is all melted.

I wasn't worrying about cars, just about how perfect the road would have to be for riding the red one. Since it's just a dream road for me, then there would be no cars except those I get to have fun rocketing by or racing with. I found out recently that I don't even need to have pedals to be legal here, so all that dirty ugly chain and other related aerodynamic drags would have to come off in favor of a comfy and aero support for my legs and feet.

Docnjoj,
What are you talking about getting squashed? You ride a recumbent trike and can't really be seen much better. This thing screams that you provide it with the power it deserves, and not some 500-1000W deal that takes 5 weeks to get up to max speed. Properly rigged then you're the one dodging the cars as obstacles, not them having to see and dodge you. The difference isn't subtle, and is why I insist I'm safer than the slower than traffic guys. I certainly wouldn't ride along side a car with it, but I don't do that with my current bike which puts my eyes above typical driver eye level.

The only times I am the least bit concerned about cars seeing me is when they are entering from a side street or they're coming the opposite direction and turning left. I assume they don't see me until I have evidence that they do. The rest of the time they don't need to see me, and I assume they don't.

John in CR said:
I wasn't worrying about cars, just about how perfect the road would have to be for riding the red one. Since it's just a dream road for me, then there would be no cars except those I get to have fun rocketing by or racing with. I found out recently that I don't even need to have pedals to be legal here, so all that dirty ugly chain and other related aerodynamic drags would have to come off in favor of a comfy and aero support for my legs and feet.

Docnjoj,
What are you talking about getting squashed? You ride a recumbent trike and can't really be seen much better. This thing screams that you provide it with the power it deserves, and not some 500-1000W deal that takes 5 weeks to get up to max speed. Properly rigged then you're the one dodging the cars as obstacles, not them having to see and dodge you. The difference isn't subtle, and is why I insist I'm safer than the slower than traffic guys. I certainly wouldn't ride along side a car with it, but I don't do that with my current bike which puts my eyes above typical driver eye level.

The only times I am the least bit concerned about cars seeing me is when they are entering from a side street or they're coming the opposite direction and turning left. I assume they don't see me until I have evidence that they do. The rest of the time they don't need to see me, and I assume they don't.

Nah John. I raised my seat and put 20" front wheels on so I sit 4-5" higher and can see some drivers eyes. Blind drivers still can't see me even with a flashing Magicshine! That thing is a rocket sled and could probably drive UNDER cars. :)
otherDoc

Back