CODD Power

d8veh

1 GW
Has anybody ordered a battery from this company. They look good value but I'm a bit worried that they don't appear to have any history, and they don't have a proper check-out payment system. They claim to have been established in 2006, but the oldest web page where they are mentioned appears to be March 2011. Can anybody put my mind at ease so that I can order.

If you can't find any independent reviews, and you find the price too good to be true, and you have even the slightest reason to doubt any information on the website......

The only smart thing to do is walk away.

Unless you can afford to lose that money. There is always a chance that the "too good to be true" is true. But there is also a chance that you will win the lottery, or be named an Heir to the throne. Not likely. Only gamble when you can afford to lose.

Ping for 11/2 to 2c batterues orcell-man for A123 batteries... i have both...both dealers known and proven reliable.....dont take chances with batteries..thay are too expensive!!!

I've had great success with them. Customer service has been great. Biggest issue is payment is a bit of a pain as they will only accept payment in RMB... easier by far for me in China but even then it's not the easiest thing to do...

cct, if you have had business transactions with him, please email him and ask him to reply to this thread and tell us who he is, name, address, and business title. also, has he used ebay and does he accept paypal.

if people could talk straight across it would help him sell batteries more effectively, and a good reputation comes from responding to and supporting customers so he could develop some visibility then and increase his sales because of being here on the sphere.

CODD appears to be making cylindrical LiFePO4 cells, w/packs assembled from same:
http://www.coddpower.com/Products9.html
Their largest cells appear to be 3.3Ah rated for only 2A discharge continous, watt is about the most miserable discharge rate I have EVer seen for LiFePO4

Butt ya, cheap prices...

L0cK

dnmun said:
cct, if you have had business transactions with him, please email him and ask him to reply to this thread and tell us who he is, name, address, and business title. also, has he used ebay and does he accept paypal.

if people could talk straight across it would help him sell batteries more effectively, and a good reputation comes from responding to and supporting customers so he could develop some visibility then and increase his sales because of being here on the sphere.

dnmun

Sorry for the late response, I was out of town.

I have a contact there I've been communicating with for about six months. I've made purchases from them and have helped others to do so. The company is really focused on the domestic market here... which is bigger than you could imagine. They are happy to deal with me and would co-operate if I wanted to supply the U.S. market but they don't seem to want to exploit it themselves.

He doesn't do ebay, won't do paypal because there are pretty good costs involved... paypal won't transfer dollars into RMB. He only accepts bank-bank transfers which is how most transactions are done here in China.

Cool dude in China,

Ask about higher power cells. Reliable battery sources are always welcome.

To those with the "don't buy anything from an unknown buyer" comments, grow some balls and do your share to forward the cause. Some of us bought Pings 3 years ago when guys like you were saying the same thing. If you are on such a tight budget that you really can't afford a several hundred $ hit, then obviously stick with low risk, but otherwise try new things and share the results.

John

Looks like they are Paypal verified...It might be worth a shot - you know take one for the team? I would but I already have an order in with Cell_Man for 2 A123 packs

They now have prices in USD. Freaking cheap too. And a nice looking website. Could this be the real thing? I don't know, but if you pay with paypal and things don't work out you can always get your money back, and for the price of a 48v10ah pack ( $400 shipped) it's probably worth it.

http://lifepo4.in/48v10ah.html

Now they seem to be using a123 cells.

So who wants to take a plunge and order a 12v10ah pack for $200 to test it?

lifepo4-12v10ah-1.jpg

lifepo4-48v10ah-1.jpg

Cute girl. I would buy batteries from her.

I don't know about this though. Stolen pics is par the course for the Chinese. They promise shipping times under two weeks, and you can pay with paypal. Should be hard to get scammed.

Also, does anyone know what the plugs that go in the charge port are called? I've looked EVERYWHERE for them. I need them to waterproof the charge port on my bike!

auraslip said:
Also, does anyone know what the plugs that go in the charge port are called? I've looked EVERYWHERE for them. I need them to waterproof the charge port on my bike!
The charge port that looks like you should put a 120V line-cord into? :lol:

"iec 320"...

This is all very new to me but those prices look really amazing. A 72v 20ah pack with 6a charger for $545... that seems so cheap.

I'll be watching this thread very closely.

The xlrs look good, it might work! I've heard they can be a pain to solder up though. I suppose I should learn, since I've got a few broken microphone cables that need fixing.

Yes, I'm referring to the iec c13/c14 jack. AKA the plug on your computer. Specifically the water proofing plug in the pictures. I haven't been able to find them, but I know they should exist.

lifepo4-48v10ah-1.jpg

iec c14 jack with plug on top.

auraslip said:
Yes, I'm referring to the iec c13/c14 jack. AKA the plug on your computer. Specifically the water proofing plug in the pictures. I haven't been able to find them, but I know they should exist.
Find a dead PSU, spray the socket with wd40, fill it with silicone sealant, let cure... instant plug?

Leave a bit of knotted nylon cord hanging outta the socket before filling... plug with tether?

I've been using my pack from them for 6 months now... no issues at all. Started using it in December when temps were around 10f, now hitting 90f. Battery has been rock solid under hard daily use. The spare cells I had them include with my pack appeared to be real A123's. It's possible they are factory seconds as when I unwrapped one of the cells it has a black mark on it which I've read elsewhere means factory reject... don't know how true that is. They were new cells, not used. In testing the individual cells I was able to pull 12a from the individual cells which was the max my test gear could do.

I have been very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. I am surprised they have paypal now as that has not been an option in the past, looks like they've raised their prices a fair bit to cover the fees.

By the way, they are selling these 18650 "a123" cells @ $110 for 100 cells.

That cannot be correct. Those have to be either rejects or knockoffs. The lowest price i have seen on those cells is about $6. Hobbyking sells rejects for $8. ( look at the reviews )

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=6563

A black mark seems to indicate that they are factory seconds / rejects.
A lot of factory seconds/reject A123s have found their way into the market recently.

*EDIT* Hmmmm :? .... I was strongly considering being a guinea :lol: and buying one of the 24v20ah packs. http://lifepo4.in/24v20ah-.html . Until I followed the link Neptronix posted, I read the reviews on the A123 cell Hk was selling. I suggest everyone does the same :lol:

Not gonna waste my $

One would hope they test the cells before they build the pack and then test the pack before they ship it out.

If they don't, they're gonna lose a huge chunk of change when you file a paypal dispute over a defective product and they have to pay to fix it and ship it back to you.

Back