The Foam Treatment Results
It was messy. It was gooey. I have crap on my hands that wonâ€™t come off without peeling off the skin. I soaked my hands in Vitamin-E before bed and they look better than if they were run over by an ugly truck. Howeverâ€¦
The axial wobble is gone!
I just finished a weight test (partial success with frame being the winner) and the trailer frame has firmed up nicely. There is still a wobble, however it is a side-to-side wobble that is partly expected and is manageable. I took the exact same route as before and had vastly higher confidence with the setup; it was close to pleasure-sailing although there are caveats and pitfalls to beware of. I can still induce a side-to-side wobble from the handlebar if I am not careful, or if I try to dodge a pebble quickly; this causes the trailer to wobble side-to-side however if I let up on the throttle and stay calm it pulls itself out of it quickly. I had the Steering Dampener set pretty low, so I might try upping it a notch to see if that helps. But really â€“ and completely I am here to certify that the fix was good, and the trailer frame is sturdy enough for cross-country.
It is possible that this trailer could be returned as a pusher-design. If I started over â€“ Iâ€™d pick a steel frame, and probably still fill it with foam and use that two-part stuff that autobody people use; thatâ€™s the proper way to be sure.
Nnew pictures to show because the trailer will look exactly the same. The one thing that did change was the load-out: 6 batteries were removed from the ebike and put onto the trailer; it is now going to carry Â½ of the original compliment. I also placed the batteries closer to the centerline to reduce the moment.
Thatâ€™s about it for now; more will be posted on the other thread about the other half of the test that didnâ€™t go so well