RedBull's "Silent Ride" with Adam Raga

newb

100 W
Four-time trial world champion Adam Raga wanted to make some noise to celebrate International Noise Awareness Day, so he swapped his roaring trial bike for an electric bike -- and rode off to the beautiful Valley of Silence in El Bierzo in northern Spain. Why? Because Adam believes living in peace with nature is something to shout about. He really believes that this is the path that technology must follow; to always try and coexist with the environment.

[youtube]RbECu2fnnMo[/youtube]

OK, hand over the bike and nobody gets hurt.

I love the electric trial bike, I might build one some day. Then, they muffled the noize in the vid, it is not that silent.

Wow! Sort of like a quiet Danny Mcaskill film with a motor instead of pedals. Real art! I love the softness of the suspension and of course the expertise needed to use that kind of bike!
otherDoc

Yeah, real quiet when you replace the sound with music. 8)

Still, a few zzzt zzzt sounds is nothing compared to a gas motor. If nothing else, the tires make noise.

That video does nothing to display this dudes riding Skill set on a trial's bike........but beautiful cinimatography.
more to show the near zero impact of a trials bike in the forest....(even the gassers are whisper quiet)

Thud said:
That video does nothing to display this dudes riding Skill set on a trial's bike........but beautiful cinimatography.
Yep, nothing there to show us if this has the torque required for trial, and everything edited so we can't hear it. Still, I want to believe, that gives me the push to build one. :wink:

MadRhino said:
Thud said:
Yep, nothing there to show us if this has the torque required for trial, and everything edited so we can't hear it. Still, I want to believe, that gives me the push to build one. :wink:

The uphill wheelie across the small creek at 1:22 mark seems to me to be good display of both torque and riding skill. The log crossing at 1:36, the uphill wheelie turn at 1:57 and everything from 2:23 to 2:37 qualify as "skilled riding" in my opinion.

nuevomexicano said:
MadRhino said:
Thud said:

The uphill wheelie across the small creek at 1:22 mark seems to me to be good display of both torque and riding skill. The log crossing at 1:36, the uphill wheelie turn at 1:57 and everything from 2:23 to 2:37 qualify as "skilled riding" in my opinion.

You need to check out some other vids of raga riding.. The stuff in this vid I can get to see every sunday at a local club trial.

gwhy! said:
I already posted about this. Yes its a lovely video but, come on it does nothing to promote electric trials bikes :evil:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23179

Except that its good because it promotes them a contemplative tool instead of just a full throttle tool. Personally, I appreciate that variety. After all, the video was for International Noise Awareness Day, not electric trials bike awareness day.

gwhy! said:
nuevomexicano said:

You need to check out some other vids of raga riding.. The stuff in this vid I can get to see every sunday at a local club trial.

I have seen a few Raga videos before (as well as Danny MacAskill doing even more impressive stuff without a motor). I appreciate that you can see these tricks from most any decent trials rider. But that's a selling point to me. This isn't a faked video that no one but the full time riders can aspire to. Its a nice ride through some beautiful places that a lot of people could actually do.

nuevomexicano said:
gwhy! said:
nuevomexicano said:

I have seen a few Raga videos before (as well as Danny MacAskill doing even more impressive stuff without a motor). I appreciate that you can see these tricks from most any decent trials rider. But that's a selling point to me. This isn't a faked video that no one but the full time riders can aspire to. Its a nice ride through some beautiful places that a lot of people could actually do.

I understand what you are saying and I do agree, but People who know raga and is riding style will also know that that bike has got no get up and go. So why not put him on a cycle trials in silent valley he is just as good without the use of a motor anyway. Im sure this was mainly promote the gasgas conversion to electric and as raga rides for gasgas it makes sense.

Back