Tire probs

29a

100 W
Hi Guys
I just got my bike up + running
but i notice the tyre on the 26 crystalite wheel is being pushed completely out of the rim (at the bead) by the tube valve (Schrader) simply because the dam valve diameter is too large to fit in the "V" of the rim.
Ive allready tried diff tyres/tubes all same (mtb) type + the same happens
Is my wheel defective or r u guys using "Presta" tube valves or is there something i'm missing ?

Also there is this constant giggling while riding coming from the operator i think this just because the parts r new how long before this noise goes away ?

any help or advice appreciated

Did you try powdering the tube and tire before airing it up? Here's what my tire looks like.

Could the wheel rim be not wide enough? I couldn't fit heavy duty tubes onto my bike's front wheel like I wanted to.

Also there is this constant giggling while riding coming from the operator i think this just because the parts r new how long before this noise goes away ?

I've noticed this phenomenon too. It appears to work in reverse from other extraneous ebike noises: the sweeter and more carefree the bike is operating, the louder and more often this sound from the operator. :) Over time one becomes aware of other's stares, and so the sound tends to shift to a constant internal giggle. A,
he....he he.....he he he....he HE he HE...
sort of repetition.

thx guys

It is the rubber pad where the tube conects to the valve that pushes out the tire bead, on first inflation the tube actually poped out under the bead causing a pop puncture.
After replacing tube i managed to get it inflated with the tire within the rim but the tube has since pushed the tire bead out again.
I didn't powder the tire/tube so i will try that in the next few day's (nice photo Dman my valve is further out, so i think thats it)

The giggling I think is related to temp as it was -30 win chill this morning + giggling was greatly reduced even though there was no one arround to stare

:D

are you sure the tire is seated against the rim

I always push the valve into the tire then push the tire into the rim. then inflate the tire until it seats around the rim. then go around the tire and push it into the rim and pull the valve all the way back out. then inflate to full pressure.
Basically, you have to make sure the tube is not pinched against the bead and rim. Make sure the tire is fully seated. And inflate to the right pressure.

my tires use to always blow out because the rim wasn't fully seated where the valve is.

I powderd the tyre + tube + test rode 40 km everything ok now
thanks guy's
:D

Back