Electric cruiser bikes

sk8norcal

1 MW
edit: felt 68
http://2009.feltracing.com/09-catalog/cruiser/three-speed-cruisers/09-hot-wheels-sixty-8.aspx

nycewheels_2160_273564896

Looking for one? There is a frame shop in Phoenix that fabricates board track frames for big $$. Chances are the top pic is custom made.

I am totally coveting this bike right now! I like the downtube shifter and the rear brake appears to be on top of the Chainstay, brilliant! Now if only we could make that "gas tank" hold lipo. :p

. Maybe "worlds best ebike frame" guy should take some cues from this design instead of mopeds. :roll:

Yes the Felt frame is very cool, but the '68 is nothing special. It is just the same standard bike frame they use on all their cruisers that can be bought as a bare bones kit and dressed the way you like it.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2011/Cruiser/Cruiser-Frame-Kit/Canvas-Cruiser.aspx

T

ecelsior helmutt.JPGThere is a fellow out of the Phoenix area that builds very nice boardtrack styled bikes. He uses a whizzer motor so not electric but very cool. He was at the last motorized pedal bike race in the Tuscon area. His bike are called Ecelsior Helmutt I think............wayne

The chainstays look a bit different on some of the felts, but many of the Felt cruisers use the same basic frame.

Here's one in my town for $125. It could be built into a really cool-looking e-bike.

At some point, however, getting too into it ends up making everyone thinking you're riding a motorcycle. It's all about style vs. function.

Did some work on the Spyder this past week. Added an electric hub, saddle bags and rear rack. LOVE this bike :)

file-50.jpg

file-49.jpg

file-54.jpg

file-56.jpg

file-57.jpg

file-59.jpg

file-61.jpg

file-63.jpg

file-72.jpg

file-79.jpg

I finished my wife's cruiser a little bit ago. She insisted that I use her Huffy Panama Jack and that I keep it clean, so I built panniers out of cedar and leather to house the batteries and controller, with 4 "silent" CPU fans in the controller bag for airflow. I used some cantilever brake forks I had from another project that happened to match her paint, and have a rear side pull caliper on order.

It does not handle as badly as I thought it would, but definitely twitchier at speed than my bike that has a lower riding position and batteries mounted in the triangle.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

sk8norcal said:
just saw this thread, pretty crazy...
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39741

gallery_4583_963_47930.jpg

That front fork after mods is right now on my stand up scooter
Still work in progress

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 2,854
sk8norcal said:
poko, that's pretty impressive!

do u have pics of ur other zuumer with rear suspension?

That's the one , but it's in build process . As you can see in the pics already the bottom hinge is made and the top plate .

Currently we are making the shock mounts and it should be mounted this week.

This zummer is still about a month away from being completed . We are adapting rear atv brakes and there are still some more parts to be built .

I will start maybe a thread about it .

Back