Bafang Bpm, how many RPM?

rizo

1 mW
Hello,
Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish.
I am looking for a motor for my bike. My needs are:
I want maximum speed and maximum torque possible at 15km where there are 3,5 miles with ascents of up to 6% and the same for down, the rest is more or less flat.
I want a motor with gear that does not offer resistance butt off and not too big, so I thought of Bafang 500w by bmsbattery but that volts and rpm?

Please, I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much

best regards

Hi rizo,

The Bafang BPM 500W is a excelent choice for that kind of use. You have 2 versions 36V and 48V. I like the 48V because it uses less current so less losses so is a bit more efficient and you may use thinner power cables. In bmsbattery you have 2 speeds 201rpm and 393rpm. The version I know is the 393rpm (code11) it climbs well and as a top speed in flat of about 44km/h for a guy with 1.80m and 83Kg. If you measure and weight less the performance is even better. The 201rpm version has a top speed of 25Km/h, this is the legal max speed for a ebike in europe when power assisted.

Thank you very much.

So, Do you have a bafang 396 rpm?
How much speed can I get with 396rpm to a climb of 6%?

Somepeople advice me 36v 201rpm whith 12S lipos, what do you think about this?

Regards

I have several BPMs. Code 11 or 12 is the one you want. Code 8 is the high speed 393rpm one which is for 16" wheels, which will be too inefficient in a 26" wheel for hill-climbing. BMs battery only do code 8 and code 15 (201 rpm), so you have to get a 36v 201 rpm and run it at a higher voltage to get more speed. With 12S lipos, you'll get about 35kph and huge climbing power. If you need more speed, get a 48v battery. The 12FET controller although rated at 25amps can give as much as 40 amps with 12S (mine did). The 9FET controller is smaller and lighter and gives about 20amps, but one I had only gave 14 amps. I prefer these ones and I always solder the shunt to take it up to about 25amps, which is right for me, but my speed is nearer 30kph.

Thank you very much. sorry for my English is very bad.
But the truth is that I still have the question, what is the most efficient Bafang me? B
Where I can find the code will Bafang best for me?
In bmsbattery is only 48v or 36v 500w 201rpm or 393rpm and.

There is another place to shop where there is more Bafang codes?

Thank you very much and I feel upset

Hi Rizo
Don't get upset. Here is a list of the codes and the rpm that i have put togther. I cannot guarantee all the info is absolutley correct, but it goes someway to figuring out which BPM you need. Evassemble sell the code 10 and 13.

BPM code (depending on voltage)
Code 08 is 393 rpm
Code 09 is 340 rpm
Code 10 is 310 rpm
Code 11 is 285 rpm
Code 12 is 250 rpm
Code 13 is 235 rpm
Code 14 is ?
Code 15 is 201 rpm

Evassemble
code 10
code 13

BMS Battery
BPM 36V500W 201rpm (code 15)
BPM 36V500W 393rpm (code 08)

If anyone is running a BPM and thinks the above info is wrong then please correct. Updated, thanks Scotty.

the resons of Evassemble answered me this:
Rated speed at 48V 500W is 320R/min. rotating speed with no load is 400R/min
Bafang BPM 500W motor has two verions.
Higher RPM and higher torque version. higher torque version is 10% higher torqe and higher RPM version is 10% higher RPM.
This is the higher torque version. And also the most popular version as it both have feature of good speed and good torque.

I have the code 12 that is 250rpm

Just to add to wurlys excellent reply

hello,
Judy bmsbattery, answer me this:

48v 500w bpm Bafang

RPM: 201 code17

RPM: 328 code11

My favourite wind is code 10 = 393 rpm @ 48V. Interestingly, I've found code 8 to be only 5% faster.
The code10 gets up to 45-50kph on flat at 15S lipo and 26-28 inch wheel, which is about as much as both the motor and controller can handle safely. I also built a MTB with 36V 201rpm motor and 20S lipo which has performed very similar if not better.
I keep asking this question over and over, but where can I get spare gears and clutch? Could MAC parts fit?

Thank you somobody for your help.

all this is still difficult for me to choose a motor.
Do you think I can get 25 kph in increases of 6% and 35 kph on the flat? all without pedaling, whit Bafang 500w36v 201rpm 48v overvoltage, Or I can get it with no surge 500w48v 393rpm? I weigh 78 kilograms.
Could be bad motor overvoltage?

Best regards

It will be okay at 48V with 36V/201rpm motor. You will also get the speeds you desire. Go for it and choose the KU123 controller.

Ok, thank you very much.

I going to order.

what size spokes I have to ask for 26 "wheels?
Doing the wheel I'd better buy it already made?
But I do not know Bafang motor extent necessary to bpm.

Use the ebike.ca spoke calculator. Choose the predefined Bafang settings, and add the ERD of your desired rim. Alternatively, enter the length of spokes you can get, and see which ERD of rim you need. Or choose the easy way out and buy a kit.

I bought recently the 48V500W 393rpm from bmsbattery, the motor manufacturer data is November 2011, with the KU123 controler. It gives 43Km/h in flat and climbs at more than 30Km/h in 6% hills. The spoke lenght for 26" rim is 210mm, you need to use 13G spokes, at first I used 14G spokes but every 1000Km one spoke broke. 14G spokes are not recommended by the manufacturer.

This is what freaks me out a little about BMS battery.
You can get both the 36v and 48v versions in 393rpm.

Now given the rated volts @ 36v and 48v this would mean that the 36v version should be a different wind to the the 48v to enable the same rpm.

Can anyone claify this?

Yes it's a different wind but the 36V motor speed is not nearly 1/3 higher, at least not with the motors I got from them.

gartmu said:
I bought recently the 48V500W 393rpm from bmsbattery, the motor manufacturer data is November 2011, with the KU123 controler. It gives 43Km/h in flat and climbs at more than 30Km/h in 6% hills. The spoke lenght for 26" rim is 210mm, you need to use 13G spokes, at first I used 14G spokes but every 1000Km one spoke broke. 14G spokes are not recommended by the manufacturer.

Without pedaling is this? if so, this was what I needed to hear! is all I need!

210mm spokes to any wheel 26 "? How many radios are needed?

Thank you very much

gartmu said:
Gartmu:
Can u tell us what is marking on the motor? 26(11), 20(9), 20(8), etc..

I recently enquired about the bpm motor and controller with spokes "only" from BMS to see if there was any saving's to be made (small package) save on shipping etc, It works out about an extra $15 more for the "kit" with the wheel laced into a rim, Shipping stayed the same :? So my advice chose the motor you require and go for the kit....

Also had a mail from them today, saying they have a new motor coming very soon to there site, could be interesting or just a new code/wind etc they diddn't go into much detail :roll:

For me they are $40 more and the package is bigger so more likely to stop at customs and pay more.

Interesting about the new engine will come soon I hope.

Yeah see what you mean, I like your thinking :D Does anyone know how BMS labl there goods value wise ???...Is it a low figure or the actual value?

mxer said:
Yeah see what you mean, I like your thinking :D Does anyone know how BMS labl there goods value wise ???...Is it a low figure or the actual value?
Low.

d8veh said:
mxer said:
Low.

hello :lol: :lol: .... Don't know if thats a good idea or not ? proberly would prefer to pay a little somthing to keep them of me back :roll:

Back