More changes to the bike.
I should have taken a few pics but weather is lousy here, will maybe upload some tomorrow.
Anyway this morning I decided that Id like to sling the bike into my girlfriends car so i could go to the farm where she shares a horse and go for a horse/ebike ride. I thought to make my life easier when I'm doing this i would make the connectors to the hub motor nearer the rear wheel so that i can just quickly remove both my wheels to make putting the bike in the car a very easy maneuver. I started to take the wheel off and the Dr Bass torque plate which id glued with a aircraft glue by hankel just fell off. this was the side which i had put no bolt into.
from there my day got worse and worse.
thinking I should fix this and not go riding i looked into buying a drill bit capable of going through the dr bass metal. I know the last time i did this i ruined plenty of bits and it took hours so my day was never going to be a fun one.
I went out to the local B&Q and bought some HSS drill bits in a pack. 30 minutes later i was back at the store getting a refund after snapping the bits. Then i bought a titanium bit. Together with this and a different ruined bit I spent two hours swapping bits to make tiny differences to the hole. (one bits would cut a central hole, the titanium would level the hole again.
I managed also to burn out my black and decker pillar drill.
broke the titanium bit (on purpose with my angle grinder to get a better head)
broke the other HSS bit earlier.
but I did finally make a hole in the torque plate. managed to drill the swing arm in the correct place. set the bolt through both and reapplied some of the aircraft glue. (more confident that with the bolt I might be okay for longer but I conscious to check it more often now)
other changes, I moved the controller to hang in the space within the frame. I finally got around to the wire mod of putting the disconnect near the hub.
A few weeks back I made a throttle reducer in a nice hobby box I tried to improve it by cutting the shaft of the 10k pot with my angle grinder but in doing so i probably made it so hot i broke that too. Anyway I scared myself cause i had no idea at first that the problem was with the throttle or with my soldering the hall and phase wires to the hub. I was pretty sure I buggered up the throttle device to i messed around with it with the bike upside down and the bike worked intermittently. Kinda of a relief but it does mean i need to make another now (at least buy another 10k pot). very frustrating.
I did however have a nice meal at the curry house with my little god son Max and his parents and their parents so not a completely terrible day.