Electric motion systems ?

BVH

1 kW
I've been away for over a year and have not ridden my E+ for about that same amount of time. By chance, I was searching on the company name and the only hit was a Lipo recall for fire hazard and I discovered the company had gone belly up. Are there any threads here dealing with the company going under and the battery recall?

Also, are there any threads on retrofitting an E+ if it should happen to krap out?

There are at least a couple of threads about it, but you will have to search ES using google's site search, as the PHPBB search won't look for anything less than 5 letters long, most of the time. :(

Here's one:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40010

My E+ 1000 Watt Black Cruiser is for sale in the classifieds

BVH
aha here you are hiding,
so you are not going ahead with converting to Lithium using front hub NMH electronics?
that is funny
Ambroseliao pointed you to the thread in which you posted in so much.
Do you know of anyone selling 1000W Eplus with dead NMH ?

Not hiding. I just figured since I don't ride the E+ any more, that my postings on the E+ are pretty much done. Even if I converted the E+ to Lithium with front hub controller, I would not be able to get close to the range of my new Prodeco Oasis with 2 each, 48V/12 Ah batteries. I'll now be able to do rides up to about 75 to 80 miles whereas I could only do about 45 miles with the 2 batteries on the E+. That did limit my rides and I'm happy to be surmounting that problem now. I'm going from about 690 Watt Hours to about 1230 Watt Hours and the bike is 20 lbs lighter. I'll be able to feed the motor up to 1200 Watts as long as it's below 28 MPH and that is give or take, equal or very slightly above the E+.

I don't know anyone else with an E+

I have an E +, and studying the amount of work to exchange the front hub batteries into lithium seems like it's beyond me.
The bike is also heavy, and not particularly that fast with 36 volts. I only have about 1200 miles on it and I'm considering just using the frame and installing a Mxus 3000, or a Crown on it. It's sad that there's not an easier solution to upgrade the battery and prolong the original technology.

mrdavis,
are considering selling Eplus kit after dismantling it from the frame?
30mph not fast to ride?
Yes you are right on NMH front hub Eplus can reach for sure 30mph no pedalling but ONLY during first kilometers.
WITH Lithium powered my Eplus even after 25kilometers ridden still can sustain 30mph no pedalling.
And all this on just 36V, no need for crazy voltages.
If you lower Prodecho voltage to 36V how fast it is going to go - slow.
Eplus heavy? , not at all !!

My E+ is 93 lbs with both batteries. That IS heavy by anyones yard stick. Prodeco Oasis with nearly double the Watt hours is 75 lbs. Miro, it seems like you're trying to paint the E+ as the Be-all, End-all of electric bikes. Yes, it was a great bike in it's era but it's just a very heavy, 36 Volt bike these days. And it's very, very inflexible for the user to tinker with.

Back