Crystalyte 405 ... variable speed?

kbarrett

10 kW
Link said:
I'll fourth the "WTF?" notion. The whole point of a controller and throttle is so that you can get speeds other than "off" and "ZOMG!"

:?

It's entirely possible that I just have a bad throttle ... or maybe was sent one not intended for this application.

Which would result in me being convinced a 405 is a single speed hub, since I only had one speed.

Are you using a Crystalyte hub?

Could some other Cystalyte user confirm that I might need a better throttle ( or not )?

Yes, 36V. Just wanted confirmation from a c'lyte owner that Ihad a problem.

I'll give a stand test a try. It's possible that it just wasn't moving at less than full throttle with my fat ass on it.

If not, then I'll order a replacement throttle.

I am upgrading to a Heinzmann anyway, as soon as Deardancer3 gets it shipped to me ...

Yep ... you guys were right. With no load, feathering the throttle barely moves the wheel, with good graduation of speed up to full.

I need to pedal up more hills and lose some more weight I guess.

Scary ... I actually lernt something today.

Oh lol. Lucky it was just a 405 hub which mean it have low torque. If you were running on a 5 series hub motor it would have been either peddling your ass off or cornea ripping acceleration. I think what's going on is that your 405 is too low torque that at low throttle it's not providing enough ooooph for you to feel anything. So the only way you feel the kick is on max throttle which lead you to believe it's either on or off.

Well at least now you appreciate your motor and controller much more than before ^__^.

Back