Sweet...I had figured it'd be more-or-less okay since one of the things it was specified for was gutter repairs.
I would have gotten the pipes attached to these today, but noise curfew around here is 10PM. Tomorrow, mebbe. Assuming I get a nap between...say...3 and 6AM.
Started by cutting a disc out of the metal.
Stuck it in the drill at a low speed to draw a perfect circle on it, which I cut along to make it more round.
Enlarged the hole in the middle to fit the axle through via Dremel and cutoff wheel.
Did it to another piece of metal.
Made marks on the discs where I needed the copper pipe to go and drilled them out. (They're not really round anymore, since I trimmed them to fit in the stator.)
You'll notice that for some reason, the drill bit I used likes to make Rouleaux triangles for holes.
The pipe wouldn't fit through these, since they're less than 1/4" in diameter at points, so I ground them out real quick with an aluminum oxide cone.
This is as far as I've gotten at this point.
All that's left is to cut out a bunch of short lengths of copper pipe, bend them, solder them in place, putty the whole mess in place, and leave it alone.
Then I can finish the vacuuform while I wait for the batteries.