> and chose to place a $50 deposit to secure your early delivery of
> the product. Over the months since then, we could have taken
> many thousands of deposits, but chose not to,
> in deference to our future dealers who are also very excited about
> selling the Wheel.
>
> At the time, we expected to be very close to delivery right now, as
> the winter thaws and our thoughts turn to spending more time
> outside. In fact, we said that delivery would be early in 2007.
>
> It turns out that manufacturing an entirely new product, with 200
> parts and a number of highly ingenious but technically critical
> assemblies, is a much bigger job than we or our manufacturing
> partners had anticipated. We have a number of early production
> units here in testing, but there is a lot of work which needs to be
> done to ensure reliability and quality that you and we expect in
> the product.
>
> As a result, it now seems unlikely that deliveries will begin
> before late in the year, or even early in 2008. This is a big
> disappointment to us, and Iâ€â„¢m sure to you as well. However, rest
> assured that engineering work is continuing, and quite a lot of
> money is being spent to get the results we need.
>
> Which brings us to your deposit. We have held all the deposit money
> in a separate account, so it is all still in the bank. I know many
> of you may be impatient as well as disappointed, and wish to have
> your deposit returned. We understand fully. If you elect to request
> this, we will send you a check and still notify you when the
> product is available. You will, however, need to go to one of our
> dealers to get your Wheel.
>
> If you decide to be patient, we will hold your deposit, guarantee
> the $399 price minus your $50 (recommended retail will now be
> around the $599 mark), and ship your Wheel first. While we would
> appreciate your continued support, we are not in any way dependent
> upon your $50 deposit. So donâ€â„¢t feel bad if you ask for a refund.
>
> In the meantime, we will continue to keep you up to date with our
> efforts. We are now having discussions with companies throughout
> North and South America, Africa, India, and Europe, all of whom are
> interested in delivering the Wheel in their countries. We are
> confident that, in time, the whole world will be getting to their
> destination using the RevoPower Wheel!
>
> Sincerely,
> JOHN RICHARDS
> CEO
> http://www.revopower.com

Ha Ha

Their advert video says give the atmosphere the break it deserves! indeed dont buy one in the first place! I cant believe thousands of people have been lining up to buy these untested wheels?

The fact is in most countries a petrol assist motor requires the usual insurances and certificates to make them legal and it doest perform any better than low end e-bikes do anyway? and its noisy and smelly and you are still using gasoline?

Unless I am missing something? also how incredibly complicated, one of the paid up shills doing the testing says, I like it as there's nothing to go wrong? ha ha a tiny 2 stroke engine spinning around inside a wheel full of chains and cogs nothing to go wrong? ha ha

Its a clever idea and would be maybe an option if electric motors didn't exist ha ha, give me a cheapo hub motor and a little pack of NIMH any day, listen to the positives that they spin on it and tell me your own e-bike doesn't already do the same, with less noise no smoke and no reliance on fossil fuel (as long as you use renewable energy)...thousand of people lining up willing to pay deposits ha ha ha ha

Thats made me laugh i was having a dull old evening

Cheers

Knoxie :lol:

Unless I am missing something?

To my mind, the only benefit of the revo wheel is being able to fuel-up quickly while on the road. And until batteries contain an order of magnitude more energy, carrying a kilo of gas will still go much further than a kilo of even the lightest lithium batteries.

I was hoping to a see instead of the two-stroke, a four-stroke flex-fuel wheel; I understand there'd be added challenges to overcome with the oil pan and such.

Before I constructed my ebike, I toyed with the idea of a tribrid human/gas/electric bicycle using a revo wheel in the front, and an electric hubmotor in back, with the throttle for one on the left, and the other on the right. :lol: at the political irony of that design.

Yes, if the Revo wheel could live up to the 800W claim, you could certainly travel long distances without worrying about taking $#@$ chargers with you and stealing electricity. *If* they could somehow be e-bike legal, a front and rear Revo hub would make for a pretty good setup with low weight.

If I were even going to consider that route, why not go all the way and make a 'Whizzer'? There are probably better, more reliable gas engine kits out there too? Then again, why not just fork over a grand and buy a gas scooter that right out of the box would probably blow the socks off of anything any of us have built/modified? Heck, why don't I just ride my CMX450 Rebel exclusively? I don't know about you guys, but to me there's just something really cool knowing that I'll never have to pull up to a gas pump --- ever...

Charlie

Cool as in you have lots of time to ponder things like PWM effects while waiting for your batteries to recharge? :lol:

Xyster (Keester???) STOLE MY IDEA. If they ever acutally developed that thing I was going to be the first on the block to take my $300 Mongoose/Currie bike and slap a Revo wheel on the front and post a picture here. Then Stealth out of my neighborhood quietly.. Run the engine on a few hills and high traffic areas and then stealth into my office parking lot on Electric and reverse it in the afternoon. However, this is starting to look like a dead horse. Better electrical storage may have to be the answer for the near future.

Xyster (Keester???)

Xyster (rhymes with "Nice Fur!") :D

Good ideas often originate with many, independently...so don't sue me!

xyster said:
Xyster (Keester???)

Xyster (rhymes with "Nice Fur!") :D
:twisted: Let's correct the pronounciation once and
for all, it's spoken as if by a cartoon Mexican.
Meld all three ways and you get

So, Sr. Xyster, you like my seester?

)jk(

The really correct way is like this,

"Umm, nice fur! I, Xyster, do like your sister."

this gag will never end

"Umm, nice fur! I, Xyster, do like your sister."

Cheese Whiz, Xyster does not rhyme with 'sister'! Does Reid rhyme with 'said'? I don't think so! Reid rhymes with 'heed' -- or at least it should -- so heed, Reid, and read:

Xyster rhymes with shyster (though I prefer not to point that out, lest my exquisite online rep be unfairly called into question :) )
Xyster rhymes with 'pie fur'
Xyster rhymes with 'my stir'
Xyster rhymes with 'why, sir?'
Xyster rhymes with 'wiser' and 'miser'

zzzzzzzzzzz-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-stir!

And besides, Reid, I don't have a sister, and if I did, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't gopher her, pie fur or no pie fur.

-Xyster

The Y may sound like WHY, as in Dyke; not Deeke. Why? Because, that's y.

The X is still undefined, that's fyne...

It could be lyke the X that sounds lyke a Z as in Xanadu or Xylophone, not lyke Eks.

OR, it may be lyke the X in Xiao-Xiao... Shhhhhhhh.

Is Zyster really a Shyster? Methinks not. Maybe a crank, steel plates notwithstanding.

8)

P.S. Written while Xy was posting... X has been determined, on the right side of the equation.

Back