Cycle Analyst vs. Topeak Panoram?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Dont flame me haha but how does a Topeak Panoram stack up to the CA?
I know the CA is a premium product and well loved by many members, the reason
why I mention the Topeak is because its wireless. Not sure if wireless is a plus or downside as
Im just getting into ebikes.
Less wire is always better but I dont have any experience with one

Thx :D

I'm just so tired of hunting down the website for this or that. Nobody puts up a link for what they are asking about.

I was just going to flame you that the CA is the best anyway without bothering to look. so you got it. :)

Even without looking, there are lots of other dashboards out there, I have a couple. They are OK, but they sure don't come close to being a CA. Maybe the topeak is better than what I have? I don't know. I just know 3 bars or 4 bars is not a voltmeter. I'll take my CA's if given a choice.

Now you made me curious, and made me look. :roll:

http://www.topeak.com/products/Computers/panoramv10_wireless

It's just a damn cycle computer. Nothing to do with monitoring the battery. FWIW, I chose a wireless cycle computer for my first ebike. The motor interfered with the wireless, and it didn't work at all.

So if you don't want anything but a speedo/odo, a cycle computer is fine. You get to know how many miles your battery lasts, and can guess it pretty good when you will run out. But you gotta get the one with a wire to the sensor on the fork.

No on the wireless kind.

another in a long string of useless threads from this troll

Iggy this one IMO

Ykick said:
another in a long string of useless threads from this troll

Iggy this one IMO

Im not a troll. Im just a beginner at this and just got a kit last week. Sorry if the questions were odd. I did search
and thats why I came across a wireless computer, so I was curious how it faired. But as dogman said, its not the same
equipment, my bad!

ebike11 said:
...how does a Topeak Panoram stack up to the CA?
Stack up how??
Seriously - RTFM!!! :roll:

These are completely different products. It's pointless to compare them although this sort of thing seems to happen here repeatedly. Figure out what features you want and but the one that fits - these units are all different. Any purchase will be Bad if the device doesn't fit -- buying CA V3 for the primary purpose of measuring power consumption would be silly...

• If you want something to watch your cadence and tell time - get the Topeak.
  • If you want to watch your power consumption - buy a Watt meter
  • If you want something to protect your controller/battery and provide improved throttle control - get the CA V2
  • If you want something that monitors multiple battery packs, protects controller/motor/battery, has temp sensing, PAS, improved throttle control,etc - get the CA V3
Here's a superficial feature summary - not a comparison or evaluation:

Topeak Panoram Family
  • Topeak Panoram V10 Manual
    • Speed and Trip Stats
    • Low Battery Indicator
    • 12/24 hr Clock
    • Speed Pacer Indicator
    .... basically a toy cyclist 'computer' with limited voltage monitoring - nothing to really assist in managing the battery or controlling the bike
CA Family
  • CA V2 Manual
    • 7 screens of present and trip status summaries
    • current/voltage monitoring including lifetime statistics for one battery pack
    • current/speed limiting; low voltage cutout
    • configurable 3-position switch (or knob) support for current or speed limiting
    • Current or Speed based throttle for improved throttle control
    • streaming data out for logging
    • Separate voltage supply/monitoring for safe operation with high voltage vehicles
  • CA V3 Manual
    • 11 screens of present, trip, and lifetime status summaries
    • current/voltage monitoring including lifetime statistics for two separate battery packs
    • current/power/speed limiting; low voltage cutout
    • three configurable/switchable 'presets' - collections of configuration parameters to operate the bike in different modes
    • Auto-cruise
    • integrated ebrake support
    • PAS (simple PAS wheel or torque sensor)
    • configurable 3-position switch (or knob) support for current limit, power, limit, speed limit, or PAS level
    • motor temperature monitoring with automatic power rollback to prevent overheating
    • Current, Power, or Speed based throttle for improved throttle control
    • throttle ramping
    • configurable levels to match throttle and controller throttle voltages to eliminate throttle 'dead zones'
    • configurable throttle 'fault' detection to shut down bike on failed throttle/connection
    • streaming data out for logging
    • Aux power power for lighting/accessories
    • Separate voltage supply/monitoring for safe operation with high voltage vehicles

Back