Greyborg build

jerrydubois3

100 mW
Hey All...

I just wanted to put up some pics of my latest project. I bought a Greyborg Frame from Jeremy at Greyborg USA(very nice guy) along with the Cromotor, Schlumpf Drive. Had him lace the wheel into a 24 inch wheel. I ended up using the Cro in a Raptor I was working on and put a Crystalyte 3500 watt motor laced in a 26" rim. I am using a Lyen sensorless controller powered with a 72volt 12.5 amp hr battery from High Power Cycles. Thinking of bumping up to 108 volt though.

The bike is pretty fast when it needs to be but I have set the Cycle Analyst to keep power below 25 amps to go for distance and not speed. It climbs well and encourages pedaling. Thie pics show how I used plastic Push In Rivets to keep the cool panels in place. There is a tool you can buy to remove them for like $25.00. A bag of 25 rivets was only $3.00. The battery is held in place with Velcro. I mounted the keyswitch and charging jack on the left side panel. I think it is very clean.

Still need to figure out a kickstand. Would love to here from one of you about that. I went with a Rox Shock Air shock in the rear and i pretty much have to run 300 PSI to avoid hitting the pedals when cornering. Went with same brand up front. Brakes are Avid Hydraulic.

To compare it with my Raptor, i would say the Greyborg is more of a "Bike" and the Raptor more "Motorcycle" The Greyborg is a very nice designed frame that is easy to pedal and can actually be ridden as a bicycle.

Attachments

• Borg1.jpg
    Borg1.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 823
  • Borg2.jpg
    Borg2.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 823
  • Borg3.jpg
    Borg3.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 823
  • Borg6.jpg
    Borg6.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 823
  • Borg5.jpg
    Borg5.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 823
The rivets are permanant, but there is a $25 tool to remove. They are very cheap and fit the holes in the frame perfectly.

Look into rivnuts. Those screw in tabs I installed give the same result though. You have to at least own it a week before you can complain about removing the side covers all the time haha.

That Greyborg looks great. What weight does it come in at?

Maybe 70 lbs..I have not weighed it but it is way lighter than my Raptor which is 90lbs +

Animalector said:
Look into rivnuts. Those screw in tabs I installed give the same result though. You have to at least own it a week before you can complain about removing the side covers all the time haha.

That Greyborg looks great. What weight does it come in at?

Haha cheers Andy, more time looking and gathering parts than riding atm. Will get onto those rivets

Back