My electric stumpjumper fsr07

Noamsal

100 W
Hi, my name is Noam, just joined here.
i live in Israel and working in a company called greenbike (importing and developing bikes) as a lab-manager.
this is my e-bike, a specialized stumpjumper fsr comp 07, with a 500w bafang hub-motor and just upgraded to a 48v 12ah battery.
im using a 800w controller (about 1600w peak), and the motor is holding this verry good offroad and on-road. just tested the range of the battery today and its 30-35km offroad and 45-50km onroad. top speed of 45-50kph
im using only throttle and a voltmeter, i'll buy a cycle analyst soon instead of the voltmeter.
the reason i don't take much care about the shocks\brakes\frame of the bike is because i'm saving money for a downhill bike wich will be much more suited for the job.
enjoy -
10376906_1530360407179584_1503573665971672323_n.jpg

While a better bike will be "better" there's nothing wrong with that one. It's always been a nice bike for a conversion intended for cross country riding.

Happy riding.

Welcome to the Forum.

Thats a nice looking bike you have there.

Will be good to see your next build, Feel free to ask if you have any Questions, The people on here seem to be very helpful and will do what they can to sort you out.

Thanks guys.
you can't see in the picture but the shocks has lots of scratches because of dried dirt, the bearings are dead, and theres a dent on the chainstay. the thing is i rather invest in a new bike instead of treating this one.
On that note - Today i found a guy selling a Norco A-line 2006 in almost new condition in a great price, maybe i'll take it, and then i'll documant every step of the build and show it here.
here's a sketch on paint of what i intend to do with a downhill bike (specialized demo 8 in the picture) - A banana chair\battery cover, which will be built on the seat post and will be able to move to any other mountainbike on smae sizes, its gonna be something like that in my mind, but more "motocross-ish", and maybe rear mud guard:
Ez0zrc.png

Scratches, dirt, and a small dent and you're getting a new bike? Hey, more power to you but that Stumpjumper is sweet. My downhill bike is a 2005 Gary Fisher King Fisher, It's not so much "Old School" as it is just "Old" - LOL. What ever you decide, I am looking forward to the build.

One other thing, I think one of the Mods is going to tell you to fill in your location information so you should go ahead and do it before they get you. :D

Forks are easy to replace, and bearings can be fixed. Worth the effort on that particular frame. Strip it and you can still get some decent money from the bare frame.

But of course, if you have cash for a new bike, why not. I was just saying your existing bike is a frame many others have made a great ebike from.

Building on the Demo 8 is the best thing I've done. I was reluctant to motorize my best DH bike, but after I did I realized that the best DH bikes are the best platforms to build high power on. I still ride the Demo, even after building 2 other frames. It has over 35 000 Km and likely to double that mileage before I retire it.

MadRhino said:
Building on the Demo 8 is the best thing I've done. I was reluctant to motorize my best DH bike, but after I did I realized that the best DH bikes are the best platforms to build high power on. I still ride the Demo, even after building 2 other frames. It has over 35 000 Km and likely to double that mileage before I retire it.
Sounds nice, where can i whatch this build?

Finally we're getting some more Israelis on ES. Welcome to the club!

I used to do work for greenbike too, usually custom ebike builds or fixing batteries that were returned for warranty. Yotam used to have me fix them instead of sending them to back to China. I helped him communicate with the Chinese in english too, haha. It was back when I used to run the Gili Ofanaim ebike shop. Just ask him about "Micha ha'americai"

I agree with others that your bike is already a great bike. Sure there's better but I'd be happy to have that frame and fork to start with. I'm still using a hard tail merida that I bought used for 400 shekels.

If you ever need any local help, let me know. My parts supply is dwindling due to customs, but I've got a few trips coming up soon so it's time to smuggle some more parts into the country :lol:

Sweet
I just got a norco VPS-1 for a similar plan. I haven't started a thread yet, but i'll be using the LR mid drive kit. I'm super interested in your moto seat...I'm invisioning the same for my bike...this is the mockup I made over the weekend:
aZRGQ4d.jpg

I'll be making a fiberglass seat pan and a bracket to affix to the bike. My plan is to cut and JBweld a seatpost right to the pan so it locks onto "any bike" and then latch or clasp at the front or back of mounting bracket.

I think the bracket will be the hardest part...looking forward to your progress and ideas!

Hey Micha, im actually Yotam's son :wink: i'm pretty sure we met sometime, i work in greenbike for almost 3 yrs. and btw this frame+shocks cost me 700 shekels (in this condition)
and r3volved, thats a really nice bike you got there, i really like the Norco's from begging of 2000's, they look great and do great.
do you have some reinforcements under that wood box over there? i'd like to see whats "under the hood" haha, and im pretty sure youre getting some nice cover for this, right?

Haha, what a small world that Yotam is your dad. And yes, I think we did meet that time I came to dish a wheel for your dad. small world…

mlt34 said:
Haha, what a small world that Yotam is your dad. And yes, I think we did meet that time I came to dish a wheel for your dad. small world…

if you're referring to the bike in my picture to the right, I'm sad to say it doesn't exist anymore. I had to part it out when I moved to Israel. Sold all my ebike stuff. I was at the post office for weeks. I'm glad to say the motor is living on in dogman's long tail though. It found a nice family to live with :)

The specs were a xlyte 5304 hub and 40A controller with 52V 15AH ping (which held up surprisingly well to the abuse). The cover was actually aluminum, not wood, and kept Pittsburgh weather and thieves off the parts.

It actually didn't look too pretty under the hood, pics below.

Now in Israel I'm on a much more modest ride, 9C 9x7 @48V and 27amps. Gets me around but not the same 30 mph fun as my xlyte.

I've got a 6x10 under my bed though so as soon as I can smuggle in a 72V battery, I'll be building a new ride. I'm loving your frame, I've got to find me a nice (but affordable) full suspension bike for my next build.

file.php

file.php

Nice stuff you got there :)
and maybe i could sell you this frame when i'm moving to a dh bike

I'd be interested. Let me know. ta'adken oti :)

Noamsal said:
Hey Micha, im actually Yotam's son :wink: i'm pretty sure we met sometime, i work in greenbike for almost 3 yrs. and btw this frame+shocks cost me 700 shekels (in this condition)
and r3volved, thats a really nice bike you got there, i really like the Norco's from begging of 2000's, they look great and do great.
do you have some reinforcements under that wood box over there? i'd like to see whats "under the hood" haha, and im pretty sure youre getting some nice cover for this, right?
I've only had the bike less than a week now...cardboard seat pan is as far as I've gotten

Back