Mongoose Beast Electric Fatbike 4500 watt

Here is a Mongoose Beast with a 5305 hub and overclocked lyen 18 fet controller. limno2 10 ah[youtube]cM8ACwGPk04[/youtube]

cool build, but perhaps a gopro wasn't the best choice of camera for this type of video :wink:

Stop double posting everything.

That's controller box behind the wheel is a bad idea. It going to get wet and possibly stop working.

Jason27 said:
That's controller box behind the wheel is a bad idea. It going to get wet and possibly stop working.

The location of the controller isn't a problem per se, but the orientation is. The wires should exit down so water runs off of them and not down into the controller. Wires exiting up means the controller will fill with water over time.

mlt34 said:
Jason27 said:

The location of the controller isn't a problem per se, but the orientation is. The wires should exit down so water runs off of them and not down into the controller. Wires exiting up means the controller will fill with water over time.

But most importantly the controller should be painted purple...or green...or maybe yellow. :D

-R

Yes I agree controller needs to be colored .. im gonna go with yellow, and yes I need to re route so wires are facing down, and sorry dogman for reposting this crappy video more than once. thanks for all the constructive criticism. and it rides really well. im getting 4500 watts from the overclocked lyen controller running 72 volt about 52 mph. heres a video that im pretty sure I didn't post here yet but if I did, I beg yer pard... the color scheme was chosen for mardi gras. here in Louisiana we have mardi gras parades and I am going to ride it on the streets during those parades. gold green and purple. start the video at around 2:00 mminutes[youtube]1vkiIvb9jAA[/youtube]

nt yet the salsa mukluk on my youtube page saw some riding down in Galveston but the chain, hub washers, and freewheel didn't like it neither did the wires.

Nice looking bikes. Enjoyed the videos. Looks like a pretty part of the country.
Wish I had a big river with trails like that next to them.

52 mph with no suspension? How does the ride feel at those speeds? I guess the fat tires helps a lot.

I use the tires for suspension. if the frame had full suspension it wouldn't be as responsive. less mechanical suspension more airpressure is a lot safer at high speeds. in my opinion. although I am in the process of building a 90 volt salsa bucksaw full suspension for a friend of mine in Austin texas.

Back