Best buy rear shock for Greyborg V2 frame?

grga

1 W
COuld you guys help me about it, please? ;)

I bought, several months ago, one shock for scooter, but it works so bad, not good at all. It is too soft, whole bike drops down when I sit on it, and it is 260mm shock (eye to eye). Bike is pretty high with that shock when I want to sit on it, really. I am 181cm high, but Greyborg is pretty high bike too.
;)

174cm/5'7 60kg/130lbs (or so) here, also looking for a rear shock for the Greyborg V2.

bop.

I've just found Magura TS 215 for a pretty good price.

Is it too short, 215mm ETE, or is it OK?

Thank you guys.

grga said:

I bought, several months ago, one shock for scooter, but it works so bad, not good at all. It is too soft, whole bike drops down when I sit on it, and it is 260mm shock (eye to eye). Bike is pretty high with that shock when I want to sit on it, really. I am 181cm high, but Greyborg is pretty high bike too.
;)

I did same it worked very bad!

haha

but I get 200mm air shock. its only OK only my real size should be 215mm. So If you go air shock go at least the same like before or maybe larger shock by 10mm. You also need air shock pump thats another 20 dollars. air shock from about 100 dollars...

Found one that interests me somewhat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pit-Bike-Gas-Shock-Absorber-260mm-550lbs-Adjustable-Spring-Rebound-110cc-125cc-/161421892855?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25957e9cf7&vxp=mtr

Any thoughts?

leffex said:
grga said:

;)

I did same it worked very bad!

haha

but I get 200mm air shock. its only OK only my real size should be 215mm. So If you go air shock go at least the same like before or maybe larger shock by 10mm. You also need air shock pump thats another 20 dollars. air shock from about 100 dollars...

If I use same lenght shock (260mm ETE) my bike is too high, it's hard to "climb" on it that way, really. I think that 215mm should do fine. Will try in few days and let you know. I also hope that I won't go wrong with that...

Schlafmutze said:
Found one that interests me somewhat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pit-Bike-Gas-Shock-Absorber-260mm-550lbs-Adjustable-Spring-Rebound-110cc-125cc-/161421892855?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25957e9cf7&vxp=mtr

Any thoughts?

That one looks really nice. ;)

I think I've just found a solution, I'll go with Rock Shox VIvid 5.1, 241mm ETE.

grga said:
I think I've just found a solution, I'll go with Rock Shox VIvid 5.1, 241mm ETE.
Good choice, one of the best engineered shocks out there, with the Cane Creek double barrel.

MadRhino said:
grga said:
Good choice, one of the best engineered shocks out there, with the Cane Creek double barrel.

really?
didn't know that, but thank you for info! ;)

That is why I do not use/like full suspension bikes. Cuz I am 3 bills and well over 6' tall, every FS bike I have ever been on I have disliked, prolly cuz I am so fat!!!, but its stretched out fat, so I do not "look" fat!

markz said:
That is why I do not use/like full suspension bikes. Cuz I am 3 bills and well over 6' tall, every FS bike I have ever been on I have disliked, prolly cuz I am so fat!!!, but its stretched out fat, so I do not "look" fat!
That is because you never tried one tuned for you. DH bikes are not so easy to tune, most bike shops don't have parts and tech to do it.

Back