32" wheel cruiser bike

mlt34

100 kW
http://www.walmart.com/ip/32-Genesis-Ultra-32-Men-s-Beach-Cruiser-Bike/27280208
0001675133202_500X500.jpg

What the heck do you do with 32" wheels? Man, I really want to electrify one of these things though. Just gotta figure out the 48 spoke thing...

hell, 32 inch...finding tyres will be a pain..If you bought one I'd buy a stock of tyres and tubes too..in fact rims as well!

NeilP said:
hell, 32 inch...finding tyres will be a pain..If you bought one I'd buy a stock of tyres and tubes too..in fact rims as well!

Definitely a good idea. The only place I see to get this bike is at walmart, and they also stock the tubes. This would probably be more of a 'haha, look what I did' ebike than a daily driver, so I don't think I'd be burning through tires too fast.

At 32" you'd need some serious torque. Probably a good match for a 9C 2810 to keep the current down, plus the large wheels would bump the speed of that slow motor up about 20% or so.

Easy to find tires in the monocycle market for it is where 32" wheels are used mostly. Yet I find it is not a so good idea to build on such large size wheels, not with a hub motor for sure.

Large diameter wheels need a lot of energy, hard to accelerate and hard to brake. They do ride smoother, but they are a handicap to efficient handling and performance. I see them as a compromise, for someone very tall to cruise on brick roads for an example.

I can figure that with a cromotor on the small rear wheel. The problem with this bike is that it has to be moving before you can climb on it :mrgreen:

I wonder if anyone has ever built an electric penny farthing. If not, I say it is a race to be the first one ;)

Perhaps a good use for that 2 speed xiongda motor. It could use the low gear!

if you ask me you need a motor with big diameter. the more the motor is wide=more leverage to the wheel. thats why 26" bikes has "slow start" than 20" bikes which can zip from the begining (with small 250W motors).

Back