newbie Q's on the aliexpress mxus 3000W

markz

100 TW
I really am eager to purchase the MXUS 3000W motor.........
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MXUS-45mm-magnets-high-powerful-motor/2043119619.html
.............most likely in the next couple days after I get some newbie questions answered.

I am a total newbie to this and this will be my first ever ebike, and my first ever ebike build.
Hoping this motor will last for years to come with care.
I was going to buy the 48V 1KW Q11 but now want the MXUS 3000W. Seems like more power is the way to go for me.
So in the aliexpress deal, I get the 4x15, assume from reading all the 14 pages of the group purchase thread, it will fit in the 135mm dropouts, or perhaps 140mm.
I have read the different turns, like 4, 5 and 6. What is the difference in riding, like one is more for hills (torque) and other is more for speed. Which ones are which?
I do not care to go too fast. I honestly want to have room to daily climb long low grade hills and occasionally steep short climb hills in the parks. So anything above 55kph on flat ground is way to fast, I would like to cruise at 40-45kph. And no I wont be in and out of traffic, just bike paths in parks, neighborhood road riding and bike lanes.

What is a respectable, reasonably priced controller for this motor.

I am a heavier fellow at 300lbs, I own an alum bike, hard tail with front suspension. Disc brakes.

I dont know what voltage I want to go at, was originally thinking 48V but 60V I think is doable.
I am willing to suit my battery requirements to my riding and mxus 3000w needs.

Thanks for your help, I am more stoked about buying this motor.

Buy the slow winding and lace it in a good 26" DH rim. Climbing off road and heavy, you will overheat a fast motor pretty quickly, unless it is in a small wheel. Large wheels and wide tires do ride much better in the mountain trails. Adjust the top speed of your bike with voltage, and use a battery/controller combo that can feed a lot more than the 3000w that the motor is rated for. A 3000w motor is very comfortable with 10 Kw, and you will be happy to have them when climbing.

So from the statement below, what upgraded specifications should I get?
Steel axle is good from what I have read on ES.
What about the phase wire, should I ask for thicker phase wires, if so what guage?
I have no problems going 26" or 24" DH rim. So the slow wind is 4T or is it the 6T?

Here is what it states....
If you paid it without any messaged leave, then the default setment you will get is:
1.45mm magnets
2.for 26' motor
3.cable length :1000mm
4.only a motor without rims or spoks
5.4T*15
6.connector(2.5mm2 phase wire):

Item specifics
is_customized: Yes
Design: Brushless
Motor Type: Brushless Non-gear Hub Motor
Wattage: > 400w
Voltage: 48V72v/96V
weight: 8kg
color: black
rated voltage: 36V/48V/72V/96V
rated power: 500w-3000w
speed: 35KM-120KM/H
power supply: lithium battery/lead acid battery
size of wheel support: 20'-28'/700C
brake support: Disc brake/V brake
freewheel: 6-7S
magnets: 45mm

More turns is slower motor, better for up the hills.

Good advice to get it in a motorcycle rim, but it is his first ebike. For sure though, on a rough trail or dirt road, a motor that powerful will chew up soft MTB tires very fast. It will also beat a cheap bike to death fast.

Run it awhile with bike tire and rim, but do plan on an upgrade later. If it can be bought in the motorcycle rim, then maybe get that. Along with a real DH bike to run it on. Serious $$$.

The big downside of a motor that powerful and fun, is you're gonna pay a fortune for the battery. so mo $$$. 25 watthours per mile riding is cheap. (800 w)
80 watt hours per mile riding needs a big honking battery, or very short rides. Fun shit though.

There were reports that that listing was not legit. Just thought I'd let you know. I could be wrong.

Back