Newer KU123 controller

medusa569

100 W
I got 2 new ku123 which has been redesigned with a different board. I run sensorless and despite all the combos I have tried with the phase wires I am still getting stuttering. Wire connections seem tight. I was wondering since they have included a couple of new features if something on the board...pas or some other limiting feature may be causing this. BMbattery has not responded to queries. I have used the newfangled on /off pad they 've supplied and also have just tried jumping the 2 pins they point out with the same results. any suggestions on smoothing out the stuttering. It can start me up with out peddling but very soon will shudder. ku123a.JPG ku123b.JPG

All those pads do, or jumping the two wires, is switch the controller on when you connect the battery to the main power wires. They have no effect on how the controller functions.

Which motor do you have? Is it a sensored motor that you want to run sensorless? Some don't like that.

d8veh said:
All those pads do, or jumping the two wires, is switch the controller on when you connect the battery to the main power wires. They have no effect on how the controller functions.

Which motor do you have? Is it a sensored motor that you want to run sensorless? Some don't like that.

I don't know why I didn't see an email that I had a response to my posting...but better late than never . I reconnected the controller and tied again th the same problem. The bike runs for about 5 seconds and then i hear a slight brakeish squealing kinda noise and the bike stops running, I assume I don't *have* to have the 3 speed connector jumped or connected to a switch. I have an ezee front hub geared motor,...sensorless. I haven't had other problems with the older controllers from this or any other company.
I have the power, throttle and b10 connected. Have a missed a connection??

d8veh said:
Does the motor still work OK with other controllers?

It was working with other controllers. What prompted a revisit of this problematic controller was that I was getting a kill effect with the last one. I'd have throttle then all of a sudden I'd seemingly lose power. I tested with the lyen tester to see which part was defective and the throttle tested good ( I tested 2 of them to make sure) and the phase wires were good so that left presumable controller problem. Since I am a noobie and don't simply know how to go about easily and systematically test controllers yet I switched out to the one I knew I had never used so must be good (?) and now back to the same problem. Hook up of phase wires tested 3 good positions but on all three possible phase connections the bike responded the same way....it would run normally for a short interval 5-10 seconds) and then bottom out I'd hear and feel a slight squealing braking kind noise in the motor. I've not used the 3 speed switch before and presumably the controller is "on" or else it wouldn't have run in the first place. On the bike stand I'd test it and again it I'd hear a clunking kind of sound in motor and it would stop. Does the 3 speed "have " to be connected in order for it to work without problems or might the problem be from the b10 dashboard control that supposedly controls only battery levels?

Have you tried replacing the crap plugs on the phase wires? I had a intermittent problem with a 123 when I swapped out the crap crimped connectors it cured it if it's possible hook the halls up and try it then, the three speed switch only works with the halls plugged in so shouldn't be making a difference

Back