30A DC Panel Mount Connector?

tmho

1 kW
IEC 320 C13.jpgI am building a 16S5P 48V 15AH LiFePO4 battery pack for my ebike. There will be a metal holder/case to hold it. I am planning to use a panel mount connector (as attached) on the metal holder/case to supply DC to the motor. But so far I can find that this type of connector is usually 10A and maximum 15A. My battery pack should be able to supply 30A. Does anybody know if there is similar panel mount connector which can handle 30A?

That's an IEC connector and not available above a 16A rating. It will probably work ok intermittently at greater current, but they should not be used for anything other than mains voltage due to the possibility of accidental electric shock or fire.

You can get a separate bulkhead mounting plates (pn 1462G1) for the familiar Anderson Power Poles - good for 45A.
Powerwerx used to carry them, but not now - available from other sources.

VUPN6379.jpg
If you need it to be waterproof, fill all gaps from the rear with E-6000 glue, Shoe Goo, or one of the related 'Goop' products (all by the same firm - all available from Amazon). This is a thick tough rubbery glue that is impervious to vibration and most solvents (think: rebuild sneaker soles and outlast the shoe) - many times tougher than RTV.

Personally, to avoid stress from rigid mounting I would tend to go with a short whip terminated with connectors and sealed with a grommet through the panel instead of an mating protruding connector, but it's really a question of the exposure of the mounting location to legs, packs, and infringing flora.

EDIT - Oops - I see Powerwerx still carries them - I looked in the wrong place. (Thanks Gregory! - below)
Also available from Amazon - Google the part number...

teklektik said:
You can get a separate bulkhead mounting plate for the familiar Anderson Power poles - good for 45A.
Powerwerx used to carry them, but not now - available from other sources.

If you need it to be waterproof, fill all gaps from the rear with E-6000 glue, Shoe Goo, or one of the related 'Goop' products (all by the same firm - all available from Amazon). This is a thick tough rubbery glue that is impervious to vibration and most solvents (think: rebuild sneaker soles and outlast the shoe) - many times tougher than RTV.

Personally, to avoid stress from rigid mounting I would tend to go with a short whip terminated with connectors and sealed with a grommet through the panel instead of an mating protruding connector, but it's really a question of the exposure of the mounting location to legs, packs, and infringing flora.
Hi Smilies, I have tried to find the bulkhead mounting plate from the internet. But I could not find it. I would appreciate if you could kindly provide me with some links.

http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-accessories/1462G1-mounting-clamp-set.html

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Anderson-Power-Products/1462G1/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduh7Gva02f%252bFja%252b%2f7gvvaG9a18Le3L%2fNzcI%3d

Back