Watt meter with green blacklit screen besides cycle analyst?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
I love my current Cycle Anayst and now I know why they use green blacklight as opposed to the cheaper Turnigy, GT power meters etc.
Those cheaper ones certainly are a nice addition also. I have one on my spare bike but for some reason while night riding..my eyes have a harder time reading the blue screen.
Is there any alternative except a CA that has a blacklit green screen??
I seen some on amazon but I think they have no backlight.
Thanks in advance!!

We can see more shades of green than any other colour. It is in the middle of our spectrum. Blue is some way off.

You could probably mod a meter. Decide which one you would like, and someone will of seen inside one perhaps.

my ca v2 and v3 uses white but i think it also has an amber led in there that isn't hooked up

i don't remmber on the old small one if it was green or white bt i thought it was white too. dunno where it is or if i still have it.

I wouldnt know where to begin modding the backlight. Im not so skilled at circuitry and such unless I can find a guide from someone you did it already on endless.
Ill also shop around. Usually meters are in the 25 dollar range

I would not be surprised to find a guide, Or if enough pics existed to write a guide for you.

If it's bright white, a blob of green nail varnish might make you happy.

I seem to recall a thread where someone back lit my 60/100 blue box.

How about a segment meter. Didn't we see some green segmented panel meters posted, that were remarkably cheap on Ebay last year.

This is $10 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100A-60V-DC-RC-Helicopter-Airplane-Battery-Power-Analyzer-Watt-Meter-Balancer-IG-/261759025694?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf20dc21e
I can only see the segmented displays in red. They got a thread. One is likely seen there in pieces. A display swap might be easy. Or perhaps just moving from lcd to segment is enough. In which case Red might be the answer for night viewing.

Thanks for the link..however if Im not mistaken that meter doesnt have a backlight for night riding. It is green though

Well, at least not yet it doesn't. The one with 3 buttons is more often seen disassembled. The balancing version. I forget there names though, so my searching is futile

Edit: These boxes have your power running through them. Some form of dc-dc and some leds chucked in it could work.

I also noticed the screen display changes slowly in colder weather...which i guess is to be expected

Back