Drag race Tesla, Zero, Energica etc

Doctorbass

100 GW
1/4 mile, TESLA, Energica, Zero(s) and other !

The energica is impressive! it's like it beat the P85D !

[youtube]op6XtozsHZg[/youtube]

Doc

I would have enjoyed an invite to that video shoot with my bicycle. ;)

Bicycle shaming :lol: . Impressive, energica strange word to say.

Once you passed the 160nm, you feel your heart is left 3 ft behind on a start. :mrgreen:

At 195nm, this bike is a beast that few have the balls to kick full throttle :twisted:

liveforphysics said:

Hey Luke, No doubt ! :twisted:

what do you think about the sudden little " boost" the energica had againdt the P85D ? was the controller in "first stage" phase current limiting for the first second ?

Doc

I have to admit the model s impressive. It was keeping up with thd bike for most of the track until the near end. I guess if tesla can work on upping the 30-60mph acceleration, it might keep up with the bike. But yeah that much power on a bike that can flip if you throttle too much takes guts to ride without drag stablizer in the behind.

Doctorbass said:
liveforphysics said:

what do you think about the sudden little " boost" the energica had againdt the P85D ? was the controller in "first stage" phase current limiting for the first second ?

Doc

Look at the p85d dyno graph. The tesla starts dialing back torque sharply at around 40-50mph. The bike wasn't changing torque in comparison.

It looks like my next motorcycle will be the Energica! Maybe a couple years down the road... I was worried I would miss the speed of my S1000rr, but looks like that is a non-issue :D.

liveforphysics said:
Doctorbass said:
liveforphysics said:

Doc

Look at the p85d dyno graph. The tesla starts dialing back torque sharply at around 40-50mph. The bike wasn't changing torque in comparison.

Ok si i guess the Tesla was entering in power limiting at that speed...

This is an amazing victory for electric motorcycles:

The Ultimate Drag Race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6XtozsHZg

Published on Apr 16, 2015

la sfida 0-100 con il top di gamma dei motori elettrici ed endotermici, solo una parola "disruptive insanity"! Enjoy!

Energica Ego
100 kW
136 hp
195 Nm @ 0 - 4700 rpm
0-100 kph 3 seconds

Ferrari 458 Italia
419 kW
570 hp
540 Nm @ 6000 rpm
0-100 kph in 3.4 seconds

Tesla Roadster
225 kW
302 hp
370 Nm @ 0 - 5400 rpm
0-100 kph 3.9 seconds

BMW 1000RR HP4 race-ready (former Italian SBK racebike)
149.13 kW
200 hp
111.8 Nm @ 9000 rpm
0-100 kph unstated

Zero S
40 kW
54 hp @ 4,300 rpm
92 Nm
0-100 kph 4.8 seconds

Tesla Model S P85D
515kW
691 hp