Frame from alibaba

velooman99

100 mW
Hello
is what someone is already known bicycle frame?
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/bamboo-mountain-bike-frame-full-suspension_60100081056.html

It looks very nice! I've been watching aliexpress for eastgem.net to put their frames and bikes up. Their frame is about the same price (maybe less) and suits a mid motor better imo. There is a thread on it if you want to throw in.

The only thing questionable is weight. 13kg. And it would be nice to have actual geometry measurements, but I've guessed on the eastgem frame.

Are the other type frames also this heavy? They are saying flux is 9kg, but maybe the other weights are not measured fully stripped or with packaging??
7lbs is alot to me, it is half my battery or half of my drivetrain.

Buy the original for [strike]not much more[/strike]. Artur offers a pretty incredible price for his incredible frames- :)

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61259

Edit: roughly same price after shipping + color options, extra parts available, larger battery spacers available, support, + more

That's an awesome find, but it's clearly a cheap copy of the Vector.
I bet that would be a pretty good frame. However, it's such a blatant ripoff of the Vector, that you realy should buy the original from it's creator. Take a good look at the welds on the cheap copy, VS the welds on the real Vector. A little more cash buys you a lot more quality.

They say it's 13.6 Kg
That is more than twice as much as I like a frame to weight, including a big shock, BB and headset.

It's sheep sh*t
Sorry for my language
cheap sh*t :mrgreen:

Quality could be questionable till verified, but the design and geom looks different imo. Basic shape is the same.

I got no prob spending another 10-20% for the right/best product, but more info on all of these frames are necessary imo to make the best decision.

What do the other frames weigh? I looked and asked and haven't got much.

PS, I agree rhino. Even 20lbs frame is a helluva weight penalty to me. I'm willing to try though, as doing a middirect drive that's easily copiable is proving challenging for me on a bike frame.

http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/titanium-full-suspension-bike-frame-29er/32214950566.html

That one is interesting. I'd say a Titanium copy of a renown American made Alu DH racing frame, with DW link, quality pivots and linkage.
That is only 2.0 Kg bare, add another 1.5 Kg, for a good Ti shock, Angleset headset and ISIS BB... pretty good for a frame that is stronger than steel. Make the battery case with CF, you can expect a 9 Lbs complete ebike frame that can sustain high power and speed. My only concern is fishtailing, I doubt the Ti swing arm is stiff enough laterally with that design.

Caveat emptor, especially when the thing is designed to appeal to the very cheapest seats in the house.

If it were in good taste, you could begin to make other assumptions about it. Since it's not, the only safe assumption is "not worth it at any price".

Which frame are you talking about? All 'no frills'?
There's nothing necessarily wrong with undercutting everybody else, I have done and can continue to due so within my trade based on experience alone, even without the best prices on material.

I say, let the geometries, weights, materials, technical consruction facts, and price speak- the comes a well formed opinion. I have little of any to make that opinion.

That frame rhino linked does look interesting. And I will possibly be taking a chance on the eastgem frame.

I'm not talking about prices or frills. I'm talking about the fact that people who manufacture things for a target market that lacks discrimination don't have to use any discrimination when they manufacture those things (and they probably don't). Their buyers don't know any better-- or care-- and good design and quality control cost money.

the bike frame is very "similar" to VEKTOR , I admit :oops:
but .....he too is like the stealth bomber :mrgreen:

Similar is not a value to consider. A frame is good for its weight, stiffness, geometry, and design to accept modern standard components. Then, it is also good for its handling qualities, robustness, manufacturing precision and finishing.

When it is made cheap and heavy, who cares if it is looking like a better one. The like if it is exceptionally good, stiff and light weight, who cares if it is looking like any other ordinary bike. We are buying frames to meet our building and performance requirements, to make a nice bike with it is up to us.

Its a McDonalds frame. Cheap and basic if you're not after a great time. Just a good time.

I'd buy a flux frame for a few dollars more if a single swingarm is where you are at.

Back