Cheap USB power adapter for any battery under 60V

quuxman

100 W
There's this really nifty DC DC converter with 2 USB plugs on Amazon for only 13$! Actually my friend got 3 of them, and I soldered two into Anderson plugs, and the third directly onto a battery.

Although rated at 50V, I tested one at 59V and a few watts for a couple hours. It got warm but definitely not hot, so they should work with up to 14s batteries, but I wouldn't push them beyond that :). To solder to Anderson connectors, simply eject the wire from the housing by prying the curved contact above the metal catch and pulling, then wrap the lead around the wire at the base of the anderson contact, solder, then jam back into Anderson housing.

Basically the same thing costs 80$ from ebikes.ca. And it takes maybe 10 minutes to solder to a connector or battery. Also I'd rather have USB plugs in my battery bag, instead of hanging off my handlebars where the CA plug is.

IMG_6979.JPG

This does not work with "almost any battery"
On ES, I guess less than half the members are running within this voltage range. I run 24s and have tried DC/DC converters, to realize that very few are lasting. The only one that I found reliable is the Vicor VI-JT1-IY and it is not cheap.

MadRhino said:
This does not work with "almost any battery"
On ES, I guess less than half the members are running within this voltage range.

Good point, I'll edit the OP subject. I don't see the point in going over 60V myself.

Back