Abus develops e-bike lock with Bosch

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/product-tech/2016/10/07/abus-develops-e-bike-lock-bosch#.V_zNhyTwO1g

CHICAGO (BRAIN) — Abus worked with Bosch to develop an aftermarket lock for owners of e-bikes powered by the Bosch e-bike system, eliminating the need to carry separate keys.

The product pairs Abus' Bordo 6000 lock and a replacement battery lock cylinder that are keyed alike using the Abus Plus lock cylinder.

The battery lock cylinder must be installed by a bicycle shop. The company said it creates "a great opportunity for shops to increase sales and create repeat customers."

The package retails for $149.99 and is available for rack or downtube-mounted battery systems. Both systems are available through Highway Two and Quality Bicycle Products in the U.S. and through Cycles Lambert in Canada.

0002874_abus-lock-bordo-6015-black-90cm-bosch-battery-lock-frame-type.jpg

My 2015 IZIP E3 Dash is also keyed by ABUS, so I can go to any bike shop that's an ABUS lock dealer and special order an ABUS lock that's keyed for the same key as my ebike battery, which is nice. I'm glad Bosch has jumped on the bandwagon, too. It's nice to carry less keys!

electricbandit said:
This is nothing new and not developed for ebikes specifically.
The Bordo 6000 has been around a long time.

"The product pairs Abus' Bordo 6000 lock and a replacement battery lock cylinder that are keyed alike using the Abus Plus lock cylinder."

Nice! I also like the wheel locks that Izip supplies with the Pro Tour. With an E-Bike being heavier, it makes sense to just lock up a wheel to make it harder to drag off.

Back