10kw goldenmotor, double controller?

try_all

100 W
Has anyone wired double controller and synced the halls on the 10kw gm motor? since it has double stator and 6 phase wires i think its possible any opinions?

I doubt that anyone has done it before. You have 6 phase wires but only 3 phases, making no sense of using 2 controlers. Use a bigger one or upgrade yours if you need more power. One controller can feed enough power to fry that motor.

To sync 2 controllers would make sense if the motor was 6 phase, given that 6 phase controllers are not readily available.

since it's 3 phase, you would need to get the PWM exactly synced between both controllers. The only way to do that is to have the brain of one controller controlling the FETs of both. A master and a slave controller configuration. Basically, you would be making 1 controller out of 2, spread over 2 boxes.

And that's a lot harder than it sounds. better to use a single controller made for this.

markz said:
You could rewire motor to 6 phases.
This is a double motor. 2 stators that are wound 3 phase are assembled together, hence the 6 phase wires that are 3 pairs.

Why making complicated, a task that is simple and common. The motor is not big enough to gain anything by using 2 controllers. In fact, some relatively small controllers can be mod and set to feed it to saturation.

the motor isn't 3phase its 6phase as i checked with my multimeter, i dont see the problem why the motor isn't work with double controller

The problem is they have to be in synch. If you really have a 6 phase motor, then you need a 6 phase controller IMO.

Or build one, as described above.

Is it this one?

Golden-Motor-10kw-BLDC-Motor-Kit.jpg

Here you see that it has 3 phase pairs, connecting to a 3 phase controller.
I have never heard of a 6 phase controller sold by Golden Motors, and it would be very ulikely that GM does sell a motor without offering a controller to power it.

96V-10kw-Electric-Car-Conversion-Kit-with-Hpc-Controller-Fan-Cooling-System.jpg

6 phase wound on one stator driven by two controllers...instead of 3 phase split to two stators (or rotors) but still electrically connected and driven by one controller for contrast..

6 phase (800x450).jpg

That's one of my Japanese designed John in CR type Hubmonsters btw...

So much BS in this thread!

You can do it. I've done it on a zero 75-7 with 2 size 4 sevcons. It was not as hard as you guys make it sound I did this over 2 years ago.... Mostly just to prove I could because so many said It was not possible.

The PWM does not need to be the same as long as the 2 sections of the motor are separate. Each controller will have a separated system and share the battery voltage and the ground between the two needs to be big with low inductance. You will need to make sure they share a motor position sensor.
I used a RLS encoder that simulates hall outputs. Its a good position sensor to use because its digital and more noise immune.

I also made the guys at Zero a custom isolation board to run 2 sine/cosine controllers off 1 encoder...

Go for it.... ;)

Back