Check out this funky design

marvak said:
Yo, I feel whole point of electric bikes is that you make them efficient like bikes but run on electric

This looks stupid

Agreed - The more I look at it, the more ugly it gets. The crank is useless too.

My next bike is going to be a light one, but 2wd.

This kind of ebike is common in Asia. The design is nothing new, maybe some 20 yrs old.

It's a really common crappy design, some have different plastics around them like "fairings", to look less or more like mopeds, or scooters, or bicycles, depending on which market it's for.

I see ones like it (most in bad shape) here and there around the valley, though not as often in my area as south and east of here.

The fingers said:
The saddle looks familiar, Schwinn no pressure?

The saddle, like the rest of the bike, appears to have been designed by someone who has never ridden any bike more than half a mile.

Saddle noses aren't there by accident. They have an important function in maintaining positive control of the bike. If you're putting your weight on the saddle nose, you're simply doing it wrong-- which is not the fault of the saddle.

Wow, that rear shock is pushing on the end of an unsupported spar. The rack attachment looks sketchy, too.

I say who cares how it looks.... if it takes one polluting car off the road in some overcrowded city, then it looks finer than any fancy bike that gets loaded onto a big SUV to be ridden on the weekend somewhere pretty by somebody driving that gas guzzler around with one passenger all week. At least that things whole function is to replace a high emission gas scooter.

Also, if you were starting from scratch and said lets design a grocery getter/errand runner that you can ride in a skirt, with a big headlight in a mount that is waterprooof, that is primarily electric driven, but with some backup pedals for low battery emergencies, and cheap enough to mass manufacture that its semi disposable... how else would it end up looking?

Voltron said:
Also, if you were starting from scratch and said lets design a grocery getter/errand runner that you can ride in a skirt, with a big headlight in a mount that is waterprooof, that is primarily electric driven, but with some backup pedals for low battery emergencies, and cheap enough to mass manufacture that its semi disposable... how else would it end up looking?

Like a Dutch bike?
03501774_01.jpg

markz said:
I will reserved judgment on the bike (I like scooters) but the pictures are terrible. I get seasick just looking at them.

LewTwo said:
the pictures are terrible. I get seasick just looking at them.

I have to agree with you there, its not hard to take proper pictures of that bike. It's just laziness, and it wont sell any quicker probably take longer to sell.

Automobile for sale ads, are another thing too. All to often the pictures are horrible, to the point where you cant tell if the truck is extended cab or not. Say its in a tight car port, and they take one or two pictures at a severe angle. Those are the worst ones.

Chalo that is good looking bike. Thinking about it, its made so laidback that makes you wonder if you need that extra electric push

I look at ebike as something that is as fast and aerodynamic as road bike (think Tour de france) then add that extra push to go faster

I dont knownwhat my point is, i guess it has to be same logic to cruise bike

This looks rodiciluosly good to me. Sorry about the commercial, some dude in germany used to make this

Attachments

• grace-pro-race-one-612.jpg
    grace-pro-race-one-612.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,973
@marvak
The scale is off with the tires to the frame.
My eye caught the large headset-to-crank tube, thinking thats great to put battery inside the tube. Say 3.5Ah cans, just a mild 36V setup. Be 10S4P = 14Ah good for 15km. Could go 3P and 10.5Ah for 10km.

Be better to have all 3 tubes in the triangle able to hold say 2P or 7Ah.18650 is 18mm diameter and 65mm long, so the tubing could be 65mm wide, then its a question of one row or two. Tubing is 68mm wide, and 20mm high.

Hey its an interesting angle for battery placement.

That Dutch bike is pretty... and would last about ten minutes locked up in my area before you would come out to find its stripped carcass. Between the skinny tires that would go flat fast from a tiny pinhole, no suspension, and expensive battery, its hard to see it working in a normal harsh city.

crowded.jpg
passengers.jpg
water.jpg

This is the kind of use I was thinking of....

markz said:
@marvak
The scale is off with the tires to the frame.
My eye caught the large headset-to-crank tube, thinking thats great to put battery inside the tube. Say 3.5Ah cans, just a mild 36V setup. Be 10S4P = 14Ah good for 15km. Could go 3P and 10.5Ah for 10km.

Be better to have all 3 tubes in the triangle able to hold say 2P or 7Ah.18650 is 18mm diameter and 65mm long, so the tubing could be 65mm wide, then its a question of one row or two. Tubing is 68mm wide, and 20mm high.

Hey its an interesting angle for battery placement.

I like this type of battery placement,
Maybe its is possible to fit 3x3 21700 bateries and stack them on each other, along top of downtube.
Lets say 5 rows, so 45 big cells. Or possibly 3x2x5 cells
mattrotelsch.jpg

Compact size, perhaps 'ziplock bag' batteries would be better. Think they are called Prismatic.
Be easier to parallel and series connect them.
I will see what I can find, OSN Power has some I remember. I see 3.3V 20Ah packs, but I dont see any dimensions.
BMS Battery - https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/640-high-c-rate-10ah-li-nicomn-li-ion-cells-battery.html
3.7V 10AH
Dimension: 6.4x60x260mm
6.4mm High
60mm Wide
260mm Long
Stack 10S high to make 36V(nom) 64mm high then 60Wx260L
That is workable.
13S is then 48V(nom) and 83mm high. Which would be noticable on that bike.
You could most likely put 2 length wise (520mm L)for a decent 20Ah.
Whats the average length of a down tube for 26" bike?
????Front-Center????? 650mm(Small) to 725mm (XXL)
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/trail/rockhopper/rockhopper-29/106525

-------------------------------------

So if BMS Battery is selling a 8.4mm x 60mm x 260mm pouch rated at 10Ah and 3.7Vmax 3.3Vnom
I just eyeballed my Makita's 5S2P 3Ah (1.6Ah cans), but you get 3.5Ah cans thats 7Ah total, can fit 6 of those in the same space as 12 pouches, netting double the Ah's.

I can only assume OSN Power would be about the same size. Feel safer with cans anyhow, in a metal box.

3.5Ah cans from NKON will be my next purchase.

Got another one for ya'zzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ebike/calgary/great-ebike/1335774414?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
unky design.jpg
modelHP-E60, pedal assist. 250-600W, 48V battery.

Maybe the HP stands for HIGH POWER! :lol:

Well this one is not in Canada, but how can ya beat the price on this gem $15 in San Tan Valley, AZ (the outskirts of the outskirts of Phoenix, AZ). I think I saw it a few weeks back for $25. So now its going for a deep discount.

All it needs is a little TLC and I'm sure it'd run gooder-than-new.
01515_2uNBx4NDmg2_1200x900_cr.jpg

If was looking at binned used bike parts in a bike shop, I'd pay that just for the fenders, and the front wheel, with presumably a drum brake in it. :)

Heck the tires are even holding at least a little air!

If it was a little closer I'd probably go pick it up.

amberwolf said:
If it was a little closer I'd probably go pick it up.

Yeah - I've thought the same thing myself. But I figured it wasn't worth getting killed and having my wife charged with my murder, so I just look at it as "gold" for someone else. Besides, it would probably cost almost as much in gas as he's asking for the bike. :^)

I

Gas? ;)

I'd just use one of the bikes to pick it up (if it was working, Crazybike2 plus a trailer would be better wh/mile than the SB Cruiser trike, but I could carry almost 100 miles of battery (all I have built into packs at present) on the trike and not need the trailer...plus if something went wrong I could at least theoretically pedal the trike home, where I could never do taht with the bike.)

Back