Purpose built electric bike frames

marvak

10 W
Hi, I am interested in making aluminium frames built for electric bikes. So some design on downtube to fit long battery better then normal round bike frames, some added beaffines at rear dropouts to incorporate torque arms better, some extra space inside tubes for wiring etc.

I know about the stealth vector bike frame but it is to mountainbike for me. I would prefer much more roadbike stance for my frame.

What are some examples I can take a look at?

This is kinda what am looking for, but I guess its close to impossible to buy just frame like this, without spending prob 5000 for whole thing

Attachments

• 146299.jpg
    146299.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 747
You can buy Specialized frames alone, but they are very expansive. Chinese frames of this type are available cheap. Yet this design doesn't have enough room for battery, unless the bike is built as a low power pedelec.

If you build a custom frame, you can plan better. This one is made to be light weight first, and does compromise performance.

Yeah I figured the battery space has to be to small. You think this downtube battery placement is wrong from the getgo or could the battery be abit higher and thicker

Downtube Battery Placement is where most all the turn key electric bikes have them now days. it is the best place to put a battery IMHO.

One thing I would do is also make the top tube sloping as well. more like my woman's mountain bike frame. With the batteries in the down tube you can have quite a sloping top tube.

Also copy what many of the Road Bike frames are now doing in the last year. make the seat stays attach lower on the seat tube.

And make the rear end wider , like 138-140 mm wide dropout spacing.

Keep in mind that the faster you go the more you will want a frame that is made to absorb as much of the road irregularities as possible. use stem suspension
or better yet
Make your own style of the Cannondale HeadShok.

And chainstays that flex up and down , but are very stiff./strong sideways . look at the Cannondale Scalpel and Moots YBB Frame, and the old KHS Soft Tail Frame .

marvak said:
Yeah I figured the battery space has to be to small. You think this downtube battery placement is wrong from the getgo or could the battery be abit higher and thicker
This type of integrated battery mount is good. I'd say it is the future of ebikes, but it will be extended to the 3 tubes sooner or later. Triple battery mounts will let the user ride better range and power when he needs to, and ride light weight when he doesn't need the extra capacity.

This looks good frame to me. Althouh, for one, I dont like that battery looks custom made.

Same with Bosches tube battery https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/products/batteries/

How can you make more universal battery place?

Back