First build - Vector light frame, mxus v3 and adaptto

mpmoller

100 mW
Hallo Endless Sphere - this is my first post after a long "watching from the sideline".

I have been dreaming of making my own ebike for about half a year now.
I have ordered most of the part and gotten them so I have begun fitting it together.

I will post pictures on the go and ask questions perhaps :oops: :lol:

Part list of now;
Vector light frame in black
Mxus 3000w v3 with cooling :twisted:
Adaptto controller Midi-e
Battery 20s6p Samsung 18650 batteries with adaptto bms
Rear suspension; RCP-2
Fork is s-works specialized
Domino throttle
And a lot of miscellaneous stuff.

Nice frame i am thinking on getting one of these also! Subd your build good job so far

EDIT: just bought one of these frames! they are on sale right now decent price

You entered in the building world through the Arc of Triumph. That's a great first build. Congrats.

skeetab5780 said:
Nice frame i am thinking on getting one of these also! Subd your build good job so far

EDIT: just bought one of these frames! they are on sale right now decent price

Great! Mine was 400 dollers if I remember correctly. Glad to hear I will post pictures on the go!

rojitor said:
You entered in the building world through the Arc of Triumph. That's a great first build. Congrats.

Haha thanks but it is far from done yet. Just got fenders, chain and support leg on today. I don't know if i like the big back fender or if i will cut it smaller.

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 2,633
mpmoller said:
Hallo Endless Sphere - this is my first post after a long "watching from the sideline".

I have ordered most of the part and gotten them so I have begun fitting it together.

Part list of now;
Rear suspension; RCP-2
Domino throttle

Hello,

Very nice build!

I want to build something similar for my nephew.

What is the size of your back rim ? Diameter & Width?
Have you laced it by yourself ?

Ioannis

icherouveim said:
mpmoller said:

Part list of now;
Rear suspension; RCP-2
Domino throttle

Hello,

Very nice build!

I want to build something similar for my nephew.

What is the size of your back rim ? Diameter & Width?
Have you laced it by yourself ?

Ioannis

The rim with mxus motor is a 17' motorbike/moped rim. Its from www.fasterebikes.eu. I got it with the rim laced from the store.
Feel free to ask me anything else! Thanks :)

I just found me the bike to lure me off my scooter, I have been looking for something to put my Magic Pie 3 into and I am in love with this bike. Do you have the options of pedaling, is it going to be a single speed just to get you rolling? I am watching with interest.

x.l.r.8 said:
I just found me the bike to lure me off my scooter, I have been looking for something to put my Magic Pie 3 into and I am in love with this bike. Do you have the options of pedaling, is it going to be a single speed just to get you rolling? I am watching with interest.

Yeah I have chosen a free-wheel (single gear) so its pretty much for pedaling to start/or if the battery should run out somehow. You can surely put more gears on - I just dont need it with such a strong motor like the mxus.
Hope it helps.

Also there will come an update tomorrow. Battery and most of the wireing is ready to get put together - I am just waiting for the rear-brake.
I have incountered a problem tho. I feel like the chain it too close to the backwheel. I dont know yet. Gonna figure it out.

JDMopar said:
Looks awesome! I get a feeling I'll catch the full susser bug looking at builds like these.

Not really sure what a "full susser bug" is, but thanks! :D

mpmoller said:
JDMopar said:
Looks awesome! I get a feeling I'll catch the full susser bug looking at builds like these.

Not really sure what a "full susser bug" is, but thanks! :D

Well I mean full suspension, but actually I also mean the long travel. Mine's a hardtail and only going to have 100mm of front travel, and even though it's a good quality damper I'm going to have to be careful at speed! It would be sweet to find an old downhill bike and e-bike it. I'm sure I could but my wallet is fairly anemic...so for now I'll live through your build.

skeetab5780 said:
Mopar you are close to my area we should ride after we build these!

Sure! It's gonna be my primary form of transportation, which I've mixed emotions about because I love cars too (my username is JDM-Japanese Domestic Market and Mopar-Chrysler MOtor PARts...Subarus and Dodges are my thing)...but I love bikes just as much and at least for the foreseeable future I'm gonna go full into bicycle commuting, both manual and electric.

Anyways I won't hijack your thread anymore mpmoller, I got my own thread to talk about my boring life. But I'll keep checkin in!

Maybe you will have issues with the rear brake because this frame has 135mm dropouts and this motor needs more room especially if you have 203mm disc brake.

I also have a mxus 3k on my flux beta frame and I've lost many hours to install the rear brake, some modifications were needed.

Tell me how it will go with your frame.

Are you going to install the controller inside the frame?

icherouveim said:
Maybe you will have issues with the rear brake because this frame has 135mm dropouts and this motor needs more room especially if you have 203mm disc brake.

I also have a mxus 3k on my flux beta frame and I've lost many hours to install the rear brake, some modifications were needed.

Tell me how it will go with your frame.

Are you going to install the controller inside the frame?

Its going under the bike. Yeah but i have stretched it out a bit. I will tell you when i get it!

looking good, did you get a mxus with 135mm width or did you widen the dropouts?

how's the bb height, it looks a little low? could you install a mid-drive motor to this frame or would it be too low?

Are you saying that you had to stretch the 135mm dropouts to get the MXUS in? Isn't your MXUS 135mm?

I also have a MXUS v3 and am planning to get this frame.
I believe Artur will soon be releasing a 150mm version of this frame. Would you recommend that I get that instead?

I think the Mxus v3 is between 140-142mm wide. Im sure you can stretch this steel swinarm to make it fit. 150 is a different story tho, id wait till they release the 150mm swingarm

spinningmagnets said:
Nicely done! What rims are those, 17 + 29?

Its a 17' moto yes and a 26' mtb wheel :)

Baron said:
looking good, did you get a mxus with 135mm width or did you widen the dropouts?

how's the bb height, it looks a little low? could you install a mid-drive motor to this frame or would it be too low?

Its standart dropout. I widen it a bit. But it is very spring-like. It will go into place again if I take off the wheel. I even fitted 2 toque arms into the dropout. Hard work haha.

shorza said:
Are you saying that you had to stretch the 135mm dropouts to get the MXUS in? Isn't your MXUS 135mm?

I also have a MXUS v3 and am planning to get this frame.
I believe Artur will soon be releasing a 150mm version of this frame. Would you recommend that I get that instead?

I like the frame, dont get me wrong - but right now its a very tight fit for me with wires and battery (20s6p). I wish it was just a bit bigger.
Hmm it depends. If he is making a 150mm i would go for that. Its a pain in the ass to get the toque arms on the inside of the dropout. But motor alone is no problem - it easy enough.

I was thinking of a similar build with a few more batteries. How tight is the battery compartment? Could I get a few more in?

nitrampanama said:
I was thinking of a similar build with a few more batteries. How tight is the battery compartment? Could I get a few more in?

Not a single battery more - the wireing stops that. Very tight atm. I have about 5 cm in top + the triangle in the end for wires. Does that make sense?

I can send some pictures tomorrow - to show you what i mean.

ebiker1.jpg

nice ebike...

Ive got about $3000 in mine ...using a 19" rear and 21" front rim.

My motor is rated for 3k but I often pump 5k- 5.5k thru it and it handles it fine , but mine has ferro fluid in it. I'm running 72 volts and a lyen controller in sensorless mode, along with tubeless moto tires. This is my 4th ebike and easily my favorite , best performing.

mpmoller said:
nitrampanama said:

Not a single battery more - the wireing stops that. Very tight atm. I have about 5 cm in top + the triangle in the end for wires. Does that make sense?

I can send some pictures tomorrow - to show you what i mean.

Hello,

Someone told me that this frame can easily fit a battery pack 22S-6P or even 24S because the battery opening is very long about 45CM! Is it true?
Can you send pics from the battery compartment while the battery pack is inside to see the clearance?

rumme said:

nice ebike...

Ive got about $3000 in mine ...using a 19" rear and 21" front rim.

My motor is rated for 3k but I often pump 5k- 5.5k thru it and it handles it fine , but mine has ferro fluid in it. I'm running 72 volts and a lyen controller in sensorless mode, along with tubeless moto tires. This is my 4th ebike and easily my favorite , best performing.

Damn what a bike! What is the topspeed? I just charged my bike for the first time this evening. First ride - 60km/h. Prette happy about that. It still need some finetuning and a backbreak. Temp is working fine and my motor didnt get hot at all. I got the hubsink on it. I also saw the police - without any lights on. frock. They didnt see me, luckily! :D

Back