Advice on my first build: DD rear hub 48V 1000W

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
nezhac
10 µW
10 µW

Re: Advice on my first build: DD rear hub 48V 1000W

Post by nezhac » Dec 22, 2017 3:35 am

Chalo wrote:
Dec 21, 2017 10:45 am
It's easier if you just get a kit that does what you want. The Cycle Analyst is a fantastic tool and enhancement to almost any e-bike, but just setting it up amounts to learning a new set of skills.

If you can install Debian Linux, or root your phone without somebody talking you through it, you'll probably enjoy setting up the Cycle Analyst. If that sounds painful to you, maybe find a kit that doesn't require setup on the programming side.
Alright! Thanks for the comparison. Arch linux user and Android rooter here, I'm fine with doing tech stuff as long as I know that in the end it's possible and I'm not setting out on a fool's errand.

If it's possible to add the Cycle Analyst to almost any e-bike and therefore do a PAS conversion I'm in. What about the integrated controller that is in LunaCycle's smart pie? Could this pose a problem to getting access to the controller for installing the CAV3?

tomjasz
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by tomjasz » Dec 24, 2017 3:54 am

Mac from em3ev, the leaf, or lunatics hav3 @ geared motor that is reliable. Dogman knows th3 gear drive well.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

Tats
1 kW
1 kW

Post by Tats » Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm

+1 Mac kit with battery from EM3ev. Installed a kit on my mates bike, it's light, very efficient, torquey and on the 50.4v battery goes great.

Easy install and great vendor support/upgrades later if required - maybe cheaper to get some stuff elsewhere, but in the long run reliability and battery life will more than make up for it imo.