Recommend me something!

Austriarider

1 µW
I have just recently build a electronic skateboard and now I would like to build a bike.
I want to build something fancy. Whats the bees knees?
Is there a Trophy room with the best diy builds?

Some Random thoughts/info:
Europe.
I have a spotwelder and know how to use it
3500€ budget
50km/h topspeed max
60-100km range
Street use only
I like the look of american cruiser bikes
is Adaptto esc + bms the most user friendly and reliable system?

Links to build threads and products/product names are more than welcome!

Just link anything that you feel is awesome. (obviously most projects are amazing but some stick out!)
I want to know/see whats the finest thing people have build
Thanks.

I have found this picture of a fancy cruiser style ebike. A lot of fabrication work, enough battery room for long distance, no budget buster components. It is easy to list most components just from the picture.

8E745EE0-2A47-4ADE-9696-DD323AAB18EA.jpeg

Austriarider said:
I want to build something fancy. Whats the bees knees?
Here you go; my SB Cruiser:

(current state) https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&start=600

file.php

file.php

file.php

0-20MPH in <4 seconds (though not when hauling 600lbs of dog food)
20MPH (could go faster but that's the limit here), 40 mile range minimum with built in 2kWh battery pack, can add another 3kWh in a couple of minutes, but don't often need it. Built in fast charger.
2WD (MXUS3k & HSR3548).
Comfy ride, no worries so far about being run over in traffic. ;)

Is there a Trophy room with the best diy builds?
Not exactly, but there is the "Your creations before and after pics " thread with a lot of different builds.

stretch a cruiser. Lengthen it some, or buy one that is already long. You'll need a wire feed welder to play with steel frames.

My version here, not super pretty, but the first e bike I built that was not butt ugly. 9 inches longer than it came, and disc brakes added.

6-1-2015  Schwinn Cruiser with 52 t crank.JPG

Currently I run it on a powerful hub motor, on 2000w. Running 60v, it easily hits 35 mph. Id make it faster, but the cheap frame needs more side to side strength to go much faster. by 40 mph its trying to high speed wobble.

That board tracker bike above is super pretty, but its seat position will hammer your kidneys and lower back. The longtail bike has the seat right in the middle, where the road does not come pounding up your seatpost.

The other badass approach is like the stealth bomber. A very fast, powerful full suspension bike. I call them flyweight motorcyles with pedals.

Buy a used Townie 21D which is 3x7 gears which usually sell for $350-$500cdn on the online classifieds.
Motor - MXUS 3000W V3
Controller - Sinewave controller from Kelly
Battery - Buy your 18650 cans from ru.nkon.nl
Charger, Throttle, Torque Arms, Anderson Power Pole Connectors, Ferro Fluid, CYCLE ANALYST - www.ebikes.ca
Buy spares - Throttle, extra connectors, a cheap controller from ebay seller hksunwin

Upgrade components of Townie - Chain Reaction Cycle which ships quickly from Ireland, a couple days to make it to Canada. Rear Rack, Pannier Bags, Higher Quality Deore, SLX components, brake pads, cables, grips, bell, lights, U lock.

Its a open book when it comes to best diy ebikes , dealers choice.

For me best would be using a 250cc dirt bike with its motor swapped for 75lbs worth of 18650 batteries then replace rear hub with 5k hub motor add a cafe racing seat with full race fairing and tuck in for cruising.

Back