Trying to connect LCD3 to Kunteng controller

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
Thecopterdr
100 mW
100 mW

Trying to connect LCD3 to Kunteng controller

Post by Thecopterdr » Nov 30, 2017 3:40 am

I've got a 10A230 18 FET Sinewave Kunteng controller that I am trying to connect an LCD 3 display to.
I received the display to find that it has a 5 wire input. The controller only has a 3 wire output and has been running a Niu display through it with no issues.
I fried the the LCD3 display today after connecting 3 wires Red,Blue and Black which matched.
Does anybody know of or have a wiring diagram for this type of controller, I really need to work this out and get my 5 wires.
Kunteng make the LCD3 and the controller but offer nothing in the way of diagrams - The plug on this LCD3 is different to the molex one on the controller.

d8veh
100 GW
100 GW

Re: Trying to connect LCD3 to Kunteng controller

Post by d8veh » Dec 03, 2017 4:50 am

You can't connect the LCD to that type of controller. The 5 way connector carries data to communicate between the two, without those two two wires on the controller, it can't communicate. You can use the LCD as a battery gauge and main switch, but that's all. None of the other functions will work, and it'll go to sleep after 5 minutes because there will be no speed signal. You might be able to change the sleep mode in the settings.

To use the LCD as a switch, the red and black wires go to the battery and the blue to the controller's ignition wire.

honya96
10 mW
10 mW

Re: Trying to connect LCD3 to Kunteng controller

Post by honya96 » Dec 13, 2017 7:13 pm

I can help if you still need it