Trying to connect LCD3 to Kunteng controller

Thecopterdr

100 mW
I've got a 10A230 18 FET Sinewave Kunteng controller that I am trying to connect an LCD 3 display to.
I received the display to find that it has a 5 wire input. The controller only has a 3 wire output and has been running a Niu display through it with no issues.
I fried the the LCD3 display today after connecting 3 wires Red,Blue and Black which matched.
Does anybody know of or have a wiring diagram for this type of controller, I really need to work this out and get my 5 wires.
Kunteng make the LCD3 and the controller but offer nothing in the way of diagrams - The plug on this LCD3 is different to the molex one on the controller.

You can't connect the LCD to that type of controller. The 5 way connector carries data to communicate between the two, without those two two wires on the controller, it can't communicate. You can use the LCD as a battery gauge and main switch, but that's all. None of the other functions will work, and it'll go to sleep after 5 minutes because there will be no speed signal. You might be able to change the sleep mode in the settings.

To use the LCD as a switch, the red and black wires go to the battery and the blue to the controller's ignition wire.

Back