New member here also pics of my 2 builds

MiniTesla

1 µW
Just saying hi to the community. I have been meaning to join for a while. I built these in the spring, they are far from complete in my mind but are operational and we spent the summer riding them everywhere (when it was not raining).

119pc35.jpg

23ra0cz.jpg

They are both black pie 5's from Gary at golden motor. The batteries are from china 48v 20ah allegedly Samsung cells but price seemed a little cheap but listed capacity is legitimate and they worked all summer.

p.s if anyone like me and trying to find out a way to discharge their batteries for cheap. I have found that there is off road led automotive lights on amazon with an operating voltage from 12-60v, I got a 36w for $14 and did the trick getting my batteries down to storage voltage for the winter.

Nice clean setups. Those black Pies looks pretty good, you can't beat their simplicity. Makes we want to go out and cruise (maybe in a few months).

Nice looking bikes. Simple and clean.

Clean with the controller in the bag, or is it in the motor itself?

In my climate, controller in the bag would cook itself.

Nice and neat job you done on your bikes. Looks very tidy indeed. Your given me ideas :D Thanks for sharing.

dogman dan said:
Clean with the controller in the bag, or is it in the motor itself?

In my climate, controller in the bag would cook itself.

Controller is in the motor.

rockypro1 said:
Nice and neat job you done on your bikes. Looks very tidy indeed. Your given me ideas :D Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I am considering moving over the setups to a dual suspension frame as bumps can be a bit much at 40+ km/h

MiniTesla said:
rockypro1 said:

Thanks, I am considering moving over the setups to a dual suspension frame as bumps can be a bit much at 40+ km/h

Try out a suspension seatpost first. I got the Suntour and am VERY impressed with it.

Back