What bike to start with?

AdamD

10 µW
I am ether going with the cyclone 3000w or 7500w mid drive kit. I have a mid 2000s specialized rockhoper pro but i would like rear suspension. I know the 7500w kit requires 120mm BB. I would like some bike name for ebay searches. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thank You

AdamD said:
I am ether going with the cyclone 3000w or 7500w mid drive kit. I have a mid 2000s specialized rockhoper pro but i would like rear suspension. I know the 7500w kit requires 150mm BB. I would like some bike name for ebay searches. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thank You

for that much power I would recommend an ebike specific frame instead of a bicycle frame that is not designed for motor power..

such as Futr beta, qulbix, vector, etc..

Powerful ebikes are easy to build on an FS ebike specific frame, but can be built with better performance and handling on a downhill racing frame. Many DH racing bikes are exactly 150mm swing arm width, much lighter than ebike specific frames, and already equipped with some suitable components for a fast bike. More work to build, fabrication skills required, and some knowledge to built them properly, but rewarded with a better ride, that is not drawing as much attention as an illegal ebike.

PS. Bicycle drivetrains can’t be reliable driving high power. That is why powerful Cyclone kits do require serious mods to make them good. Best for high power mid mounted motors, is to drive the disc side with a robust drivetrain.

I am not worried about about fabrication. I have a machine and welding shop. I am eyeballing a downhill frame on eBay with 7" of travel in the rear but doesn't have forks. I don't like the looks of e bike frames. I want to be less conspicuous, I don't want attention from the law.

I picked this up on eBay cheap.

Attachments

• 20180131_121600-1217x586.png
    20180131_121600-1217x586.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 796
AdamD said:
I picked this up on eBay cheap.

Looks like new. 8)

I hope that you have some of the components to build it, for those that are suitable for a fast bike are pretty expansive. That is why I usually recommend buying a whole used DH racing bike.

I paid 160 shipped. I was thinking about adapting Honda CR 80 forks or building a hossack type front suspension with a shock.

An elephant in the front of a sulky.

Do you know they use DH forks on light weight motorcycles nowadays, for they are so much better and tuneable than motorcycle cheap sh*t.

What would recommend in the $500 range for forks. I am Nebraska so used downhill shit is nonexistent.

Back