Zycle eBike

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... ESB "Search found 1 match: Zycle"...

Seen here:
logo_cst_full.svg

(They say:)
Coming Soon: Tech & Gadgets features the latest wearables, IoT smart home devices, ebikes, robotics, electronics, and tech hardware products that are coming to retail soon, allowing you to save big off their retail prices before they go live.

Zycle — Urban Commuter Folding E-Bike

A light, compact folding frame electric bike designed for power and portabliity with 20-40 mile range and top speeds of 20mph.
dtuaux8ntl3rtwraxigc.jpg

... and Surprise! ... it's a kickstarter thingee...

Zycle eBike - Sleek Aesthetic & Narrow Frame
("Zycle is a new way to commute - a folding ebike with swappable battery for unlimited range."):
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zycle-ebike-sleek-aesthetic-narrow-frame-bike-technology#/

Xing Technologies LLC
Los Angeles, United States

To date:
$40,190 USD raised by 51 backers
80% of $50,000 flexible goal

[youtube]-jGiFP83KbE[/youtube]

It's so different from things that are known to work, it's already busted! Give us money!!!

Why doesn't the video show how it folds.? It doesn't fold. The poor guy pulls the front fork off, and then he carries the thing like a 40 pound fish.

I thought the battery is cool, although with a 36V 4AH, you might want to carry a spare.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com%2Fcomingsoon-gogo%2FBike_1.gif

Maybe I'm just paranoid but frames where a single tube connects the rear triangle to the headtube don't inspire confidence, I know some are sturdy and rock solid though, can't tell if this one is solid or not.

Yeah and that thing doesn't even have a proper rear triangle. Zero triangles. I'll stick with my old school touring frame and it's many triangles.

LockH said:
To date:
$40,190 USD raised by 51 backers
80% of $50,000 flexible goal

Now (about two days later...):
$49,372 USD raised by 69 backers
99% of $50,000 flexible goal

Guess maybe no accounting for taste. :wink:

docw009 said:
Why doesn't the video show how it folds.? It doesn't fold. The poor guy pulls the front fork off, and then he carries the thing like a 40 pound fish.

I thought the battery is cool, although with a 36V 4AH, you might want to carry a spare.

4ah? One of the smaller battery capacities I've seen on a bike, maybe they could lighten it up a bit by going to a 1/2ah unit? It would get you to the mailbox and back reliably.

^^ Hehe... Possibly manufacturers "claim to fame" is, their batteries are "swap-able"-ish and that many/most "urban" trips are less than 10 miles or so...

:wink:

Back