[How-To Help] Install univ torque arm on Vivanti MTB

mutenroy7

10 mW
Have this
images

And dunno how to install https://es.aliexpress.com/item/torque-arm/32811704187.html this torque arm
I'm even unable to pass sensor+motor wires through its hole, so any technichal guy on this
please give me a quick drawing(paint) or such for me to get an idea on how to accomplish installation.

If you have the big white blocky molex plugs, you have to disassemble the pins out of the plugs, pass the wires thru, and then stick the pins back in the plugs in the right places.

Voltron said:
If you have the big white blocky molex plugs, you have to disassemble the pins out ....
That's the case, I have those bulky connectors. Thought about doing exactly thing you said,
but wires+connector doesn't seem to be dissasembly-friendly , by personal look at least.
So could I just attach somehow the torquearm on the opposite side to the frame? If so , please draw
quick schematic as I demanded up there , thanks

If you have just one, install on the other side is the way to go.

The white molex plugs for halls need a tiny screwdriver or other tool to press the spring back and release the contact. insert the tool on the backside of the plug.

Not sure what you have for the big wires, but most larger plugs do come out of the housing similarly, but might be the spring to release is in the front, or the back.

Thank you dogman, I will re-try this tomorrow(if I can)
Problem is , I just can't figure out how torque arms are correctly attached on those suspension frames.

If you have a four bar type with a Horst link pivot where the rear dropout is, it def can be a problem, as there needs to be motion between where the two ends of the torque arm attach.

Sorry, just went and actually looked at your pic, that one doesn't look too difficult, being fixed dropout and steel etc.

Keep a close eye on that torque arm. Grin says they were the originators of that design but discontinued it eight years ago because it could break due to point contact at the corners of the hose clamp.

http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/torque-arms.html

I would inspect it regularly to make sure the hose clamp is okay. Especially if the one you bought was made on the cheap with thin 3mm steel. Grin's original design was made from 1/4" (about 6mm) thick steel.

Back