Spiking amps help please!

Anothernoob

1 µW
Forgive me if I've put this in the wrong section!

I've installed a new controller today, seems to spin freely I did try different phase connections and this one works best.

However under no load, amps and watts are spiking up and down and you can hear the motor surging.

Amps are between 0.50 and 3.00
And watts between 50 and 300, in conjunction with the amps.
Some reason unable to post the video.
I did do a search but couldn't find anything similar.

I'd appreciate any help!

9c clone
Kunteng 50amp controller
52v li-ion

Sounding a bit like you still have not found the right wire combination yet. You found one that runs, but not the correct smooth running one.

That's what I thought, so I went through all 36 twice :(
This is the only combo that runs smoothly.
Just with the amps going up and down...

There should be three combinations that run smoothly, but only one will work best. Test these methodically and record the results in a table. See https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Determining_the_Wiring_for_a_Brushless_Motor for a table and more information.

Ok, I think maybe I misunderstood the actual problem. runs smooth, but not at one speed. It runs fast, then slows, then runs fast. I thought you meant it just pulls crazy high amps.

What else do you have on it? A CA? Is it a speed limiter, or amps limiter kicking in? Or is your battery tired, and its sagging causing the controller LVC to cut it off, then voltage returns and it runs again.

Do you have the right LVC controller for your battery? I get something similar trying to run a 36v battery on a 48v controller.

Back