where can I get more hub motor axle caps?

ClintBX

1 kW
Hi ESFMs,

I'm looking for some replacement axle caps that come with hub motors. I bought a new motor several months ago and it came with 2 caps to cover and protect the thread of the axle and the nut. I must have lost one of them while riding some time last week. (Not the first time this has happened)

Anyway, I'd like to stock up on these but I can't find them anywhere. I asked my vendor that sold me the motor from conhis motor but I was told that they didn't have any.

I've been looking online but nothing turns up. Then again, I don't know the precise name of these caps to put into a search engine.

Could you help me out?

Thanks

Clinton

IMO, those are more for shipping the motor. They won't stay on the hub while riding all that long.

The best possible protection would be to take a piece of thin enough to bend steel, drill a hole, and put it on like a washer. Then bend it back in a u shape to cover the axle end.

yeah, those caps are for shipping. it keeps the axle from pocking through the box. They aren't designed stay on or last.

If you want something that will, cut a piece of rubber hose and slip that over the threads. Or swap the standard nut out for a deep well, capped nut. I've used lugnuts before. They are stylish, and totally enclose the end of the axle.

Drunkskunk said:
yeah, those caps are for shipping. it keeps the axle from pocking through the box. They aren't designed stay on or last.

If you want something that will, cut a piece of rubber hose and slip that over the threads. Or swap the standard nut out for a deep well, capped nut. I've used lugnuts before. They are stylish, and totally enclose the end of the axle.

Capped nuts? I might look into that.

As for those rubber caps, I thought they were meant for use beyond the packaging and shipping. For instance, when the bike falls to one side. The last pair of these even have had a cutout for the wires. Some hub motors have the phases and Halls coming out the end of the axle and I speak from painful and expensive experience that if you don't have that protected, you can damage the wires and have too get everything rewired should the bike fall on that side.

Then again, this hub doesn't have that issue as the wires come from somewhere closer in towards the hub but I still like the protection from wear and corrosion they offer.

Do you have as link to some capped nuts I could take a look at?

Various end caps or nut covers can be found easily. This type is a good solution:

4CUJ2_AS01

Hey, I've been searching for but covers but can't find anything. The best I can find are ones that are too small. I need something 3 cms high by 2.1 cms wide. I ordered what I thought was the largest I could get in the sizing options but it turn out too small.

Anyone have a direct link to where I can get the right but covers?

Back