I couldn't decide whether to go snowboarding, or ride.

So I did both. 8.4 miles, round trip,1300' vertical higher then my place, the local kick ass ski area, 45% black and double black diamond. Coming down the 12% grade I realized I had the possibility of hitting the usual 45 mph or so (over 50 if I tucked), and I had never gone near that fast with the Travoy in tow. A high speed wobble would be ugly, but thanks to a real strong upslope wind plus I guess the drag of the board and trailer, I only hit 36 mph, and the Travoy remained rock solid like it was on railsrsz_img_20180330_110903664.jpg.

You need to figure out a way to motorize the snowboard so you can board back up the hill. :wink:

fechter said:
You need to figure out a way to motorize the snowboard so you can board back up the hill. :wink:

I was thinking about that the other day. First thought was belt sander type, but when I got to Youtubing, a motor on the back with a track system, something that when you get to the top of the hill, you can throw it in your backpack and ski/board.

Or, another thought, thats been pondering around in my head for awhile, is securing a motor to a secure object so you can use it as a tow rope back up the hill. Skidoo up, install motor and tow rope, with a pulley system at the bottom and have fun. Youd need some slack on the rope, so need to figure that part out.

What would be even more fun is if you would design and build ...

A kit built, budget, light weight , soaring capable trike . ( also known as a Microlight in the rest of the world )

L/D Ratio of over 15 to 1.

Rigid, topless, 3/4 to full faring to full pod enclosure, with retractable gear.
Using a 3.5 kg or less in weight electric motor ( planetary geared ) or a strong RC motor.
and folding prop.
Climb rate in still air of at least 800 feet per minute.
able to use large diameter wheels ( a little larger than current trikes since they would be retractable. and in the winter wheels off and bolt on ski's .
And ... STOL Design. At 1,000 ft per minute climb rate it would at least be short take off. drag chute and fold out side panels on the pod could help with the landing.

Back