GoldenMotors Manufacturer

GoldenMotor

100 W
Hi guys,

I'm the insider of GoldenMotor Technology Co. Ltd.
Ok, you can start bombarding me with complaints and I shall try my best to answer all your questions.
Go ahead, ask me instead of pestering poor philip who has to deal with so many customers, manufacturers, distributors daily. My desk is right next to him.
Also, i can assure you, with my comeback to GM, this company will improve. So voice out yourself, you can get personal with me.

Could you send me back the 95 dollars you didn't return to me please?

Very Sincerely,

A Totally Disgusted and RIPPED OFF Customer.

We sincerely apologize for the bad quality of the gears, as the website mentioned, we are an outsourcing company, so whatever you bought from us isn't made by us. We are implementing strict quality control as of October 2008. May I ask you to send me a copy of your invoice to my e-mail : yaoyuan@goldenmotor.com

You can flame us, you can hate us, you can call us liars and cheaters. But we just keep getting better and one day when we start our own line production factory for each and every part, and I will be there to manage the quality, you'll love the new GM.

I'm not flaming you I'm being very polite (the other things maybe yup). I tell you what I'll do though, you say your company is changing ? Ok, lets see. I want my 95 dollars back

I have no invoice because I never received my kit, but my name is Cazwell check your records and paypal dispute records. Basically, I paid for a kit which you said you had but in fact you didn't (even though you said you had already sent it to me at one point). You then sent me a battery for the kit you didn't have, it was a second-hand (used) battery with scratches and cracks and it was broken. You sent me another battery and that was second-hand and broken too (and no not caused by the shipping because even the screws holding the the fuse in were burred from opening and closing repeatedly, there were also hammer marks over the metal strut where someone had smacked it into place). After being ridiculously reasonable (see the story in the links below) I finally had to go to a Paypal dispute because you wouldn't answer my emails. Finally you gave me money back but decided to keep 95 dollars of it because for some reason you thought I actually liked the 2 used broken batteries you sent me.

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=346.0

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=353.0

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=361.0

So please send me my 95 dollars.

OR

If you don't want to part with cash (actually MY cash), then send me a NEW working kit (with battery) in good faith for all the trouble you have put me through. If you do that then I and everyone else will see that your company really has turned a new page and is trying to do the right thing and I will stop telling of my terrible experience because I will feel your company really has moved on. I'll even change my signature at the bottom of every post I write.

Let's see.

Just for your info, I'm a member of lots of forums because I'm truly addicted to this ebike thing, I love it, I love the commuting by ebike, I love farting around with the kit, I like the discussions in the forums, it has become my favourite hobby, BUT the very first thing I do when I join a forum is tell my true horror story about your company. My TRUE story must have cost you many many many many thousands of dollars and saved innocent ebike enthusiasts/customers a lot of stress - for both of which I'm very happy. However, I'd prefer your company just to be a decent company, I'd prefer to just say good things because that then gives all of us ebike enthusiasts more choice so I'm really hoping that you'll come back with a response that will happily surprise all of us (especially me).

:shock:

Doc

If you really are a representative from golden motors, then you know how much time and money you've cost me? First I get a kit from you guys that did not have a speed sensor wire. I asked link to identify which wires were which and he could not! Then the wheel the hub motor was on was completely out of dish and out of true. Then the "raw" performance of this motor. 48V nominal pack going a blistering max speed of 17 mph. Lackluster speed, lackluster torque. I've pm'ed a few people on this board that got way better performance out of their gm. Mines got insanely hot on flats!

I upgraded my motor to a x5 and couldn't be happier. Excellent speed (25mph+) good torque. Simply brilliant engineering. I am convinced my gm motor was second-hand. I opened up the side plate and I could SMELL burnt copper. Your company is complete garbage ad I will go out of my way to make sure you LOSE customers.

Ummm........ I was just told (by pm) that they will give me my 95 dollars back...

Surprised, happy....(kind of confused)

I'm very looking forward to getting my 95 dollars.

Maybe leopards can change their spots!!!

Dear KazBlueSky and to the other GM-haters on this forum,
Please understand that our dear Philip has been choosing from many different suppliers in China. As you all know, these suppliers are from China, get the idea? Hence our customers might have lost faith in us or are angry because they think they've wasted a few hundred dollars. However please let me explain the situation when I was away for my studies. Dear Philip has been pestering these garbage suppliers and demanding a money back from these people but to no avail. Then, there was a massive company restructuring after my return from Singapore. I can simply say this, we have changed most of the core-item suppliers and we're spending more in Quality Control and RnD. A new motor named "Magic Pie" will be finished soon. After some quality checks, it will be available and most of your troubles will be solved. Since the batteries sucked and the controllers fried, we've changed it to a more expensive one, from a large-scale trusted certified manufacturer in China. The controller sucked, ok... well we've integrated it into the Motor itself. Hence the magic pie. However just a word of advice, most companies can only improve through the help of the customers, so please help us improve ourselves to give you better quality products or services. Soon we will have local distributors in your countries so that you can take your complaints to our doorsteps, and we can fix it up for you fast. Every entrepreneur wants to make his customers happy, but it's just the lack of resource that gets in the way. I hope you would understand and have faith in GM. I give you my word I will bring this company up to it's feet again, storm your markets and bring back the love. I would not be on this forum for a long time, as I would be doing my MBA in England soon, so please interact with me. However I cannot assure your money back demands at the moment, in the future I will think of an event that allows all GM users to upgrade their motors to better quality Magic Pies for a minimum sum of money, or maybe even free. I hope you are happy with my resolve, especially KazBlueSky, and keep watching over us for new stuff I'd like to bring onto the markets. Thank you.

Paypal just informed me I have 95 dollars from GoldenMotor in my account. Well. Who'd have thought eh?

GoldenMotor, thank you for my money back. I am happily surprised. This is a good start. I really honestly hope you can turn your reputation around.

Sincerely,

Kaz

After I saw the pictures, I went to question my managers about the supplier. Those battery are from a place called ShanDong province, the company's name is Hai Ba. Bear with me on this, I've tried contacting them and asking them for a tradeback of only 80% of the original cost, and they said :"NO!". You see my point? It's not that GoldenMotor is a lying son-of-a-bitch company, rather it's the past few suppliers that GoldenMotor has worked with. We've changed suppliers now to a much better one. I've put up company quality regulations to prevent such things from happening again. Each time a chinese supplier says :"No Problem, our quality is best!" , They will have to provide me with sufficient evidence or test results to support their claim. So far all our shipments out of China has not received any technical complaints about our Battery. I hope you are happy with my resolve and also, just to take note : The company's policy is that we can only give you your money back if you have pure evidence of quality problems.

Truely,
Yao Yuan
GoldenMotor Management Executive

kaz, you've still got your signature, it now contradicts your new opinion.

some people like GM, some people don't. i guess the batteries were the biggest issue from what i have heard, but most vendors are subject to that same lack of quality control on the lifepo4 batteries which have been produced in china initially.

there is no real reason that GM could not get into a sweet spot where they can get good performance from their suppliers and still provide products at good prices.

i know people with GoldenMotor hub motors, they seemed happy with them, i just bot one myself to add to the pile of hubmotors to play with.

i hope to upgrade the old 36V shenzen controller from GM to 72V and see how it works.

just got through replacing the zener clamping diodes on a 48V GM regen controller for duane, not sure why the originals burn up, but hope to learn more about them over time.

i think it is a good sign when they come to the lion's den to promise to turn around the bad vibes. i thought it really considerate that kaz is made whole, without the usual rigmarole.

with your new magic pie motor, by putting the controller into the motor housing, the 2 main sources of heat are combined into one housing, that is gonna cause problems i would expect.

many want to have the option of using a different controller and power source, especially among the tinkerers and hobbyist/hackers on the sphere.

Remeber guys, this is a secret!
If you want quality, only purchase the magic controllers (silver strange looking thingy, not the totally rectangular box) from us, I think the other few controllers have more abilities but the quality still unstable. However we do get a few complaints about the non-magic controllers burning up. We are currently funding the RnD of the non-magic controllers and the 5000W motor controller. So my advice is you either buy the magic controller, or take the gamble with the non-magic ones, about 5% of the non-magic ones have problems with burning up.

Great feedback from all, I will look into the heat management of the Magic Pie. Thanks for bringing it up!

GoldenMotor said:
Great feedback from all, I will look into the heat management of the Magic Pie. Thanks for bringing it up!
I was about to say the same thing when I read about the new motor. An image of a Kollmorgen motor popped into my head, and I was thinking "everyone takes the stock controller out of the motor, and runs the phases out of the case to an external controller to get more power".

The extra heat is NOT going to be good for power and efficiency.

kazbluesky said:
Paypal just informed me I have 95 dollars from GoldenMotor in my account.

Wow! :shock:

Test first, sell later, especially with batteries. 8)

Reputation take long time to build and very short time to loose... and lont time to reconstruct !

Let the time show us the real color of that.

Doc

Bionx motors have the power portion of the controller (the FETS) in the motor. I don't know if they have any problems with that configuration however I also doubt there are many folks overvolting the Bionx system either.

-R

My non magic 48v 30A 1000w controller went poof. Made a patch it works but not like it used to. Someone offered to help me fix it but ive put well over 500 miles since the repair. Ill just deal with it. The non magic regen controller 48v 30A 1000w controller is straight garbage with the stuttering issue. And its almost 10mph slower with less torque. That controller was a swing and a miss. Regen braking did work at stopping quite well. Atleast you admit to the company's mistake.

:) Signature is changed :)

I'm at work so I'll work out an appropriate signature change tonight.

icecube, like i said on your thread, i just repaired the zeners for duane on a 48V regen controller, so if you have a problem with that one too, lemme know or go look at his thread on the regen problem. i still think your controller is just acting bad because the voltage regulators are running beyond their specs because the input power resistor is damaged. but i really don't know. still learning controllers.

Hi Dnmun,

my signature might have changed but my opinion hasn't - yet. But I'll change my future opinion of them too if they are true to their word. This was never about their motors (I agree some say good some say bad) this was about their business practices/attitude. It seems it is changing - good I'm happy about that.

But remember something, what has actually happened? - I have finally, after 6 months, got my own money back. That's all............

Kazbluesky and the other members of this board,

It's not the attitude, rather it's more of a communication problem. Only Philip and me speak fluent english. The rest of the whole company knows english but can't speak it too well. What they tell me is that they do not realize the seriousness of the situation. However I have taken action and corrected their views on customer complaints. My own logic is that quality comes first, customer care comes second and profits will come eventually. My recent return to the company will change it drastically. Just simply look at the website now, and compare it with a few months back.

I will be uploading our company brochures and other stuff online. Personally, as a management personnel, I feel that company product quality is as important as company image, customer care services are provided only because the first two were not well managed. As I promised, I have give more authority and funds to the design/Company Image department and increased funds to raw material buying. Each time we choose a raw material supplier, as a rule of thumb we will use the prototypes rough and hard, and see what breaks first, and improve it. If the suppliers cannot meet my own demands, I will choose another one.

Firm regulations, strict quality control and better packaging will be the new rules of GoldenMotor. Once the Magic Pie has been properly calibrated and polished up, I give you my promise that it will no longer be like before, it will be something that eBike enthusiasts love, and hopefully some magazine editor would review it. I hope that by communicating with the end-users like yourselves will bring you a peace of mind. By early 2010, GoldenMotor will hopefully become your trusted brand, and by that time I hope that I, as a company representative, would have made more customers happy, and created more quality jobs for English-speaking people in China. I have been through the military training system and I will, definitely, enforce the new GM law. Put your hopes on me, contribute your ideas to me and I will make them reality. (But don't tell me to make some 100mph ebike or 500AH battery, but a 12000W motor is still possible.)

Sincerely yours,
Yao Yuan
GoldenMotor Management Executive

You are definitely headed in the right direction. With the internet, one disgruntled customer can wreck your reputation. But if you ship junk and get lots of mad customers, you may be in real trouble for the future. I personally have no brand loyalty, but I have lots of loyalty to people who treat me good, or who treat people I know good. I think you have a good plan, with product improvement and customer service improvement as priority 1 and 2. Let others do buisness short term, and use low price and one time sales strategy. You stick with it, and you will have lots and lots of loyal customers in the long term future. :mrgreen:

Good to hear that you are taking steps to improve your customer support and product lines. I think a relativly important item to consider with hub motors is having disc brake compatibility. Currently there are very few hub motors that have this - Ezee and Crystalite (though very limited). There are a lot of bicycles being produced that only have bosses on the frames for disc calipers and not for center/side pull rim brakes. Having hub motors (front and rear) that can have disc platters mounted on them will increase your customer base.

Back