Help with APT96600 programs/software $$$$

i got my APT96600 controller and had to run after a bunch of Chinese people for a month to get the software to program the controller. but after all of that the ony programs i can get to work are the "firmware updater" and the port com thing... i cant get the EV DriveManager thing to open. keeps giving me errors. after fixing as many as i could i got to "Run-time error '380': Invalid property value" :x

its been quite a long time and they suppliers just stopped responding all together.. anyone have software that works? tried several different computers, compatibility mode, etc etc so i really think its the software..

~~~~~if anyone could get me up and running i dont mind paying a bit for your time~~~~~

BionicBlitz said:
~~~~~if anyone could get me up and running ~~~~~

Glad to help.

First off, there are two versions of the AE96600 controller: one for scooters/motorcycles and one for bigger EVs.
Do you happen to know which version you purchased?

(the reason I ask: certain functions are not available in the motorcycle/scooter version vs. the EV version and vice-versa)

Michael

P.S. and I assume you have an up-to-date Windows machine? Mine is running Windows 10. Not sure if earlier versions work with the software or not.

P.P.S. the Chinese are on national holiday this week, so it is not surprising there would be no communication from them.

Hey thanks. yeah someone sent me the correct software i think, il have to check when i get home. i also got sent some screenshots of programing it and realized im in way over my head. i have no clue what 90% of those settings do.. might just return the controller if i cant figure it out. if the software works il post it here for others whoare brave enough to tackle this beast haha

BionicBlitz said:
Hey thanks. yeah someone sent me the correct software i think, il have to check when i get home. i also got sent some screenshots of programing it and realized im in way over my head. i have no clue what 90% of those settings do.. might just return the controller if i cant figure it out. if the software works il post it here for others whoare brave enough to tackle this beast haha

What kind of setup are you using? There are indeed a lot of settings, but some actually make sense. Other much less so. I do believe that specifying the wrong settings -- even though "logical" -- is the reason some have had bad experiences with this massive, but high-quality controller.

M

P.S. also, from whom did you purchase this controller? I purchased mine directly from QSmotor (not their AliExpress store) and have had decent correspondence with my sales person.

for now its just on a ebike with a qs205 50h v3 5T hub motor (yes i know completely overkill for my motor and setup in general. plan was to put it on a electric dirtbike later on) is there a decent set of instructions? really overwhelmedwith by all these haha... would hate to accidentally fry my motor, battery, controller, or worse.. all of the above.

i made the mistake of going through aliexpress.

BionicBlitz said:
for now its just on a ebike with a qs205 50h v3 5T hub motor (yes i know completely overkill for my motor and setup in general. plan was to put it on a electric dirtbike later on) is there a decent set of instructions? really overwhelmedwith by all these haha... would hate to accidentally fry my motor, battery, controller, or worse.. all of the above.

i made the mistake of going through aliexpress.

Honestly, your battery is likely to be the weak spot. Please describe your battery.

OTOH, I can't imagine using this on an eBike -- the thing is huge and heavy. Fine for an eScooter/eMotorcycle.

yeah, dont expect to saturate this thing at all. its a homemade batt 336 30q cells in 28s 12p in theory its rated 180amps continuous but id rather not go over 150 peak (10 secs ) and hover around 100 continuous. soldered together with 16G copper wire

BionicBlitz said:
yeah, dont expect to saturate this thing at all. its a homemade batt 336 30q cells in 28s 12p in theory its rated 180amps continuous but id rather not go over 150 peak (10 secs ) and hover around 100 continuous. soldered together with 16G copper wire

Well, therein lies the problem. My experience with this controller + QS V4 50h 8000W hub motor is that it will suck all the amps out of your battery if you let it. Curious why you went for such high-voltage rather than just 72V?

when i started didnt know much about all this stuff, thought it would be more efficient and quicker... and i suppose it is.. less amps in the same size wire. bit really not worth the extra trouble. was too busy to do all the research and just wanted somethibg ready by the summer. it worked great all of last year but i do have a few things i would do differently if i could restart but yeah... a good 72v system will still go faster than mine

haha yea... learnt that lession with this. had ti actually pay more at tge time for the 96v version instead of 72v 150a... Rip...

oh and my controller is a AE96600W

BionicBlitz said:
haha yea... learnt that lession with this. had ti actually pay more at tge time for the 96v version instead of 72v 150a... Rip...

oh and my controller is a AE96600W

Send detailed pix of your controller and serial #

just sent controller model, and dont see how serial number would be relevant :}

I think you should move the question here to keep AE96600 questions in the same place:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97089

What’s the name and version of the program you have?
When do you get the error messages?

The evdrivemanager program simply ran on my computer, no need for firmware update etc.

Program rev 10 can be shared if you don’t have it.

it could be a while before you get any response from chinese businesses, as the new year celebrations there go on for a while, and i think eitehr have just begun or are about to.

Back