Magic Pie III

http://e-bike-diffusion.com/index.php?module=produit&prd_id=345

MagicPie3GNew.jpg

Check this out!

No inform information as to what's different apart from the obvious!

I see they scrapped the controller that would take up to 90 volts, shame!

Still 1500 watts is twice what the pie II could take, than again it was advertised as being 1kw and was 750 watts, so I wonder is the Pie III really 1.5kw?

It's a shame they didn't support at least 72 volts!

magic pie III ?
omg... I ll have to order another motor now!

nice finding scorpion

65 day delievery time? :shock:

I called golden motor canada and the guy who answered the phone seems to be in the dark about it. Says that golden motor has been delaying the release of this motor, so full details are uncertain.

HMMMM.

scorpion, thanks for pointing this one out though. Very interesting!

Gm say they were waiting for stock levels to build up before official announcement!

I'd still like to know more about it.

Maybe now that the cat is out of the bag, GM might give more details!

gensem said:
any news on pie 3 scorpion?
in a side note i just broke my collarbone =(

D'oh! I remember breaking my collarbone... twice... Made it more of a challenge to ride. If only I'd had an electric bike back then...

liveforphysics said:
gensem said:
any news on pie 3 scorpion?

D'oh! I remember breaking my collarbone... twice... Made it more of a challenge to ride. If only I'd had an electric bike back then...

i broke my left one now.
my right one was broken 6 years ago in the woods. regular mtb, painfull surgery, one year to fully recover.
hope this one heals by itself. the crash was dummy, pure stupidity, i dont even wanna tell.

gensem said:
Sorry to hear that..

I almost did mine last night - landed on the right shoulder :oops: Wish I had the camera.

Something about Oct 13th - had a concussion at the age of 9 and a compressed vertebrae at the age of 12, both on the Oct the 13th.

neptronix said:
I called golden motor canada and the guy who answered the phone seems to be in the dark about it. Says that golden motor has been delaying the release of this motor, so full details are uncertain.

HMMMM.

scorpion, thanks for pointing this one out though. Very interesting!

It's not that I am in the dark about it. I just avoiding telling people false information. I think I recall that phone call. It seemed like you never believed a thing I said :) I posted this in our forum a few weeks ago. Gm China has been stating the MPIII will be out soon since January of this year. In January they said April, in April they said June. in June they said august, in august they said October and now it’s two weeks anytime I ask. I have delayed several sea orders this year waiting for the MPIII release. Then giving up and asking for my order to ship without as I can’t wait any longer. I am once again debating on having my next sea order ship without them as they are not ready to go yet. I have seen pictures of finished MPIII so it will happen soon. But until I have some on the water coming to me it’s still a waiting game. GM China has promised the dealers will have stock before any release. They are also stating they may get out of direct selling to the public and will sell only through the dealers. This would certainly improve their customer relations and make the company grow. My personal prediction is they will ship to all the dealers and then release the MPiii on their website before the dealers receive their stock. That way they get the product out to the dealers and grab all the first round sales. I have been a GM dealer for two years now and I have already seen many things they do that are only in their interest and not the dealers. Who knows how it will all turn out? I am hoping for the best. All I know is if you buy from GM Canada your warranty is sound, elsewhere I would at least send a test email to see if you receive a response. Personally I know I will be prepared to support my customers as I am ordering extra cables, controllers, hall sensors, etc. That way I know I will be ready for any issues that may arise at the release.

Heres a little bonus, I believe a picture of the new wiring harness. But who knows if this will even be the wire harness. I have also seen other pictures of the MPIII and the wires look a little different but do look streamlined. If so it will be a simple hookup. Each plug can only fit into its mated plug. Should be an error free setup which is good as they rarely provide any installation documents.

MagicPie3wiring.jpg

Gary

Thanks for the scoop, golden motor Canada.
Sorry we did not communicate well on the phone. I had a hard time believing that you didn't know anything considering the info that is currently on the web. You seemed to not want to talk shop, i figured maybe you were busy during the day.

I understand the policy to not speak before you know what's final. That's a good policy.

Golden Motor Canada said:
This would certainly improve their customer relations and make the company grow. My personal prediction is they will ship to all the dealers and then release the MPiii on their website before the dealers receive their stock. That way they get the product out to the dealers and grab all the first round sales. I have been a GM dealer for two years now and I have already seen many things they do that are only in their interest and not the dealers.
Gary

Gary;
This has been a standard Oriental business practice for at least 25 years. We once took a video card to a computer show that was attended by the company's exclusive ACER US and Canadian Distributors. Without showing the card, we asked about it and about drivers? They had not seen this card. We asked when it would be out and got the same response, so we showed them the card. They immediately identified the card as not from ACER, but from AcerOpen. They then explained that Acer sets up "exclusive distributors", but retain the right to market 10% of the projected volume, of any product, in the "exclusive" area under AOpen. They also delay the announcement of the product to the dealers until their sales are well underway. In one instance we had product marketed as AOpen, which was built under license for IBM and sent to market as AOpen, months before they supplied it to IBM. If IBM was not able to stop this criminal activity, who can?
Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation and for looking out for our interests.

I had a fellow looking a buying scooter hubmotors direct from GM last week and I told him he was nuts to even consider it. He is developing a new non-bike product. I explained why to not deal with GM China and sent him your contact info.

Hi neptronix,

Its not that I didn't want to talk shop, it was more that obviously you were not believing anything I was saying so why continue the conversation. Anyway since our last conversation I have heard people say "two weeks" a few more times. But I can assure you no sea orders have left china yet and one that was supposed to go this week coming has once again been delayed. I should have had my sea order ship last month without them again and I would have all my other stock topped up by now. But I was once again hopefull and sucked into the vortex of "two weeks". Now I am running short on certain things again with a sea order still on hold. I think I should have them by the time we have two feet of snow!

Gary

Gordo said:
I had a fellow looking a buying scooter hub motors direct from GM last week and I told him he was nuts to even consider it. He is developing a new non-bike product. I explained why to not deal with GM China and sent him your contact info.

I appreciate the contact and wish him well. If I am to be totally honest I would have to say when I first became a dealer I had no idea of any previous history that Gm had with people. Whenever people wrote to me about becoming a dealer I was very happy and encouraging towards the thought. Now I certainly caution them. After being a dealer for about 6 months I learned all about GM's past and how people were basically ignored if they had an issue. People still bash me pretty bad just for being a dealer for them even though I have a good track record and no connection to their past dealings. So at that six month point I had to decide, give it up or fight to make things right. Well as you can see it’s over two years now as a dealer and now my title is "Headquarters for the west". Believe me it’s all title and all it brings is people from all over the world to me with any complaint because I actually do answer the phone and email. But I still do my best to help everyone.

Anyway im getting way off topic, the topic is MPIII. Still none "on the water" as far as I know. I do have plans though; I picked out a bike for my first MPIII build and am working on getting a few MPIII kits "flown in" before any release or sea orders ship. I want to see them and do my own review before they hit the market. This will be my first "bike to ebike" MPIII conversion and the first one worldwide as far as I know.

TOWNE_BALLON_81.jpg

As I posted in our forum, Some may call it a "girls bike", some may call it a "kilts men’s bike", I call it a "Bike that’s easy on and easy off for a person with a huge beer belly and has trouble throwing his leg over the seat without kicking the whole thing over Bike"

Gary

At the ebike shop I work at we convert more tangerine townies than anything else by a long shot, they are so clean and so easy to ride, plus decent handling with trailers and heavy loads makes them a big hit.

The build was easy, this unit is only a sample test unit and not all the functions work yet. There are still production delays and the word is now the release will be in 2012! I feel honoured to have two MP3's this is a testof the rear MP3. The power is definatly back, the motor is more efficient and quieter. Check the video after the pictures to see the torque and hear the motor.

Gary

057-1.jpg

127.jpg

104.jpg

[youtube]S5RtYeUmW1U[/youtube]

lucky.. ;)

what's the top speed on 48v versus the magic pie II?

Nice! So the pie III actully pulled 1200 watts that's around 24 amps!

Gary I'll race you with the pie II at 3kw 35 mph! :lol:

So what's it's max speed on 52 volts ?

Sure is a shame they never made the controller to take 90 volts like originally planned!

Thanks for the positive comments!

Top speed seems about the same as the MPII, about 40 kph. Maybe a little faster even but I haven't really had a chance to do some flat road tests. One thing for sure is the power is far greater then the MPII internal. It seems the power is simular to the newer external magic controllers of about 1200 watts peak. I have a few other start/stop videos and in one I saw 1297 watts peak. I'll upload those later. Lots to do and little free time. I still want to do an "unboxing" video, a "build" video, a "look inside" video, etc.

35 mph, Thats too fast for me Mark! I prefer 32kph and usually have my Cycle analyst set for that. I have fallen off a few motorcycles in my younger days, pavement hurts!

My first impression of the MPIII is that it seems they have accomplished what they intended when they made the MP1. A real clean and easy setup, simple enough for a beginner to install and appealing for anyone wanting a build with the least amount of wires and a hidden controller. Speed junkies are most likely better off with the MP2 external so they can easily use more powerfull third party controllers. Actually it seems like there will be no need for a MP3 external version as all the changes I can see are mainly focussed on a more powerfull internal controller Magic Pie setup.

Gary

Yeah well done to GM! :mrgreen:

It's perfect for anyone who just wants a clean simple to install system, and for most it will be plenty powerful!

Thanks for the video and Pics Gary, I'm sure these will be popular, I hope there are no long term effects from your biking years!

The Pie will last decades it's bullet proof that I know and at 1200-1500 watts, it's not even stressing it out, not even close to what this motor is capable of!

I'd like to see Gm make a similar sized geared motor! :mrgreen:

Mark

Back