Well I got my motor on the bike and running late tonight. I will try some riding tests tomorrow evening.
It was a damn struggle getting my motor fully modified for my use. One delay or problem after another.
First modification was upgrading the 14GA wire to 8GA silicone stuff. This actually went pretty smooth. I was due to go to the shop that week to do the machining but the day I was scheduled the local train system (BART) went down for the entire day causing all kinds of traffic havoc in the area. Then the week I was set to go they screwed up my time slot and scheduled it on the wrong day
GRRRRRRR So finally I got out to the shop and knocked the mount plate out and ended up with this:
The weight was brought down to about 1.1lbs so I saved .9lbs
It also turns out I knocked out two of the screws that were actually needed and save two that were not
Luckily there is just about 3/4 of a hole left and still holds those two bolts.
I brought that home and then found out I did need to modify the shaft some. It needed shortened, keyway extended, and shoulder to be brought back. I had all kind of hell on the lathe for some reason. The stinking ring actually came out of the chuck (really hard to hold) and actually hit the ground, luckily after first landing on a thick rubber mat. I think this did end up tweaking the shaft a little tiny bit (was out of true to begin with though), hopefully this doesn't cause problems with my belt drive.
I had forgot to do the holes in the plastic case with mill so I tried when I got home making it an ugly mess that will be fixed soon with some new little filter covers.
Sorry for all the bitching, I'm done.
I did decipher the hall wire colors today finding that orange is ground and yellow is positive, then I started my mix and match of phase wires and hall wires. I ended up with sets (CW,CCW) of combinations (total of 4) that both seem to work . The one set scares me though because after a couple fast twists and regen slow downs it got stuck spinning no faster than maybe 1/8 speed, not sure what happened controller wise or if something else. After a testing another combination and coming back to that one it seemed to be fine.
The set I settled on at 51.15V does 3.3 amps at full throttle with 3670RPM with a kelly controller
So I will finish up the wiring tomorrow and do my first ride. I'll have to read over this mind pour out tomorrow and clean it up