Greentime controllers

Electric Motors and Controllers
DUBRAVKO
1 mW
1 mW

Re: Greentime controllers

Post by DUBRAVKO » Jun 06, 2017 1:27 am

need help..

i have GREENTIME 15 Mosfets 48-84V 1500W 45Amax Dual mode Sensor/Sensorless Brushless DC Motor Controller

try to turn on but nothing..

connect power, phases, throttle, brake, regen switch is on and ignition cable is on,speed switch is on 100%

push throttle and nothing, try with self learning, motor is spinning aprox 10 sec and stop, push throttle and nothing

try with connected hall, same

put back sunwin controller with same chronology and everything works normal

is there something else to try? :(

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Jun 06, 2017 1:59 am

Disconnect brake and retry.

Check that the brake's signal voltage changes when brake is applied

Check that throttle is getting power and that the signal line is changing as the throttle is moved.

Check that the voltage from teh throttle is actually reaching the PCB inside the controller (wire could be broken inside or even broken off the PCB, or soldered to the wrong pad on the PCB).

DUBRAVKO
1 mW
1 mW

Post by DUBRAVKO » Jun 06, 2017 10:13 am

Brakes are off, wire from throttle are ok, have 4.3v on connector and change when push throttle from 0 to 4.3v
Push throtle- nothing, motor is off
Check throtle wire, everythig is ok,try with another throttle and is same.
It is strange because when connect power,phases,throttle and ignition must work, rest are "functions"...

Than i connect regen orange wire with low brake and just tap brake, than i can just one push throtle and wheel is spinning, after that again nothing until i tap brake

:/

methods
10 GW
10 GW

Post by methods » Jun 06, 2017 10:58 am

Sounds like the controller fluid is low.
There is no dip stick to test on the GreenTime controllers... so you have to just eyeball it. I would add 10cc's through one of the end caps.

I just use Blinker Fluid instead of that fancy stuff the Ebike shops sell.
O'Reilly brand is pretty good.
download.jpg
download.jpg (12.35 KiB) Viewed 630 times
-methods
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Jun 06, 2017 2:55 pm

DUBRAVKO wrote:Brakes are off,
Is that just a visual check, or checking with a voltmeter to be sure the signal voltage changes when brake is applied?

Check throtle wire, everythig is ok
To be sure: does that mean you've opened up the controller, and verified the throttle wire all the way to the controller's board inside is ok? and it is soldered to the right spot in the controller? and it is getting the changing voltage at that spot in the controller?

Or did you just check the wire on the throttle itself?

Than i connect regen orange wire with low brake and just tap brake, than i can just one push throtle and wheel is spinning, after that again nothing until i tap brake
That is a different scenario than you specified before, and requires different troubleshooting steps.

It's possible that either the controller's MCU is damaged or mis-programmed, and you'd either need to reprogram it or replace the controller. Reprogramming might be as simple as using whatever software the vendor supplies with the controllers, along with a usb cable for it's programming connector, to change the settings to defaults. Or it might be something you have to send back to the vendor to do, if they don't supply the software.

DUBRAVKO
1 mW
1 mW

Post by DUBRAVKO » Jun 07, 2017 12:47 am

is that just a visual check, or checking with a voltmeter to be sure the signal voltage changes when brake is applied?
check with volmeter
To be sure: does that mean you've opened up the controller, and verified the throttle wire all the way to the controller's board inside is ok? and it is soldered to the right spot in the controller? and it is getting the changing voltage at that spot in the controller?

Or did you just check the wire on the throttle itself?
check with voltmeter on open controller

try again everything, everything looks normal inside, but is not working.. :(

i will put sunwin back and wait with seller..

methods
10 GW
10 GW

Post by methods » Jun 07, 2017 10:30 am

Amberwolf has a lot of experience debugging.
What he is trying to get you to do is identify where you made an incorrect assumption.

My advice:

1) Disconnect EVERYTHING

2) Now go back and actually disconnect EVERYTHING... even that thing you are SURE is correct.

3) One part at a time.... very slowly and meticulously... measuring as you go... confirm the following:
3a) What input is this? Is this the correct documentation? What variants of the controller are there?
3b) What input is it expecting? 12V? Active Low? Where is it resting? How can I confirm?
3c) Hook that input up... or leave it off if at all possible.

Battery
Power switch
Throttle
Motor wires

I would leave all other things off - especially brakes or things that can cut throttle.

Double check
Triple check

99.996% of the time it is a simple assumption that APPEARED to be true early on (but actually was not) and follows you into next stage creating much wasted time.

-methods

DUBRAVKO
1 mW
1 mW

Post by DUBRAVKO » Jun 07, 2017 11:24 am

Check 5 times very slowly :)
It is controller, not rocket :)
Put sunwin back..wait now seller about resend/refund..
Thanks for advice, :wink:

methods
10 GW
10 GW

Post by methods » Jun 08, 2017 1:38 am

Bah... we learned nothing :(

I still think the fluid was just low.

-methods

DUBRAVKO
1 mW
1 mW

Post by DUBRAVKO » Jun 08, 2017 1:46 am

methods wrote:Bah... we learned nothing :(

I still think the fluid was just low.

-methods
for this case nothing to learn, controller have warranty so i don't want to fix by myself :)

stancecoke
1 kW
1 kW

Post by stancecoke » Sep 28, 2017 6:24 am

eugen wrote:found programming software
:mrgreen:
now small problem
if is anyone who can recompile program change language (English of course) and compile program again??
and here cannot upload it is too big (about 35Mb)
http://www.xcmmcu.com/salea.asp
but if is someone interested can send by email
Is there any proceed with this software? I tried to download it, but my baidu account wants to be confirmed by my phone, I get no SMS with the code....

Regards
stancecoke

ebike11
10 kW
10 kW

Post by ebike11 » Nov 12, 2017 9:30 am

Has anyone connected the Cycle analyst to the greentime controller without any issues?
I noticed some greentime controllers have a 6 pin JST plug but i dont know if its a direct plug and play????

John in CR
100 GW
100 GW

Post by John in CR » Nov 20, 2017 9:19 pm

ebike11 wrote:
Nov 12, 2017 9:30 am
Has anyone connected the Cycle analyst to the greentime controller without any issues?
I noticed some greentime controllers have a 6 pin JST plug but i dont know if its a direct plug and play????
I did it without issue over 4 years ago. I don't use the throttle override wire, but hopefully by now they know to include the diode on that connection in the controller.