re-assembling hub motor problem

wojtek

100 kW
I got my stator with new axle and wanted to put together my crystalyte 5404 motor. I lowered the rotor onto the stator, the stator snapped violently into the rotor but not all the way through... Not sure if the new axle is too thick? Or something can be done to push it all the way? :shock:

I was thinking to put the side cover to the oven, and the stator to the freezer :D

Attachments

• Oska1.jpg
    Oska1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 554
  • oska4.jpg
    oska4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,012
Getting bearings fully seated often takes a bit of tapping and pressure bolting down the side cover. If you didn't check for certain fit beforehand, you might pull it back apart to check first before applying too much pressure. I remember one motor requiring a bit of rubber mallet "lovin" even after the cover was all the way bolted down. I don't like putting those side forces on bearings, but sometimes there's no choice. With mystery metal Xlyte side covers, you'll need to be more careful putting the covers under stress like that, since they can be fracture prone.

Why did you have to change the axle?

Like John says, the bearing needs to be tapped on until it gets a "solid" sound. ONLY hit it where the bearing slides on the axle. Take a metal rod, screwdriver, something you don't mind using, and tap on one side then the other . Listen closely. They sound will definitely change once the bearing is completely seated.

Thank You guys! I am now waiting for gear pull and will follow your advice.

John in CR said:

It was faulty / wrong size right from the beginning. It was actually somehow soldered to stator and fell off with first use.. I am not sure exactly as I didn't open motor myself...

wojtek said:
Thank You guys! I am now waiting for gear pull and will follow your advice.

John in CR said:

It was faulty / wrong size right from the beginning. It was actually somehow soldered to stator and fell off with first use.. I am not sure exactly as I didn't open motor myself...

Sorry to hear that. ESers should boycott that company instead of supporting it.

The axle diameter is 21mm whereas the bearing is 20mm dia... I managed to bust the metal cover off the bearings - actually it seems the orginal Xlyte one is SKF 6004 - 2z C3

I treated the axle with some delicate sandpaper , as equally as possible thoughout.. Need to wait for new bearings and will try again

Attachments

• axle 3.jpg
    axle 3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 963
  • Axle 4.jpg
    Axle 4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 553
Back