Troubleshooting ESC

DeamEyes

100 µW
A while back I began building an imitation of Adrian/Kepler's friction drive and have finally had all the necessary resources to hook up the motor/esc portion (or so I thought). I hooked up the motor to the ESC and plugged in a 5S battery that was fully charged and the ESC makes the turn-on noise, but then proceeds to beep once a second. I tried hooking up a programming card to it, but the LEDs did not light. I tried interfacing with it using an Arduino clone and various ESC sketches, but no response. Finally I questioned if the control wires are bad for some reason; I tested the +5v wire and ground and have no current running through it.

Is there an issue with this ESC, or is there something I seem to be doing wrong?

ESC: Turnigy Sentilon V4 100A 5-12s HV Bulletproof Speed Controller w/RPM Sensor and the motor
Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
MicroController: OSOYOO Mini USB Nano V3.0 ATMEGA328P Module CH340G 5V 16M Micro-controller board for Arduino

I solved the riddle and figured I'd leave the solution for anyone else with the same issue.

Although most tutorials on interfacing an ESC with an arduino warn against connecting the power line to the arduino's power pin, that is exactly what needed to be done for the ESC to receive the signal line. I used a diode at first as I did not want to damage my USB port, but after some motor action I removed that from the equation. Hoping to create a new post soon of my own RC motor drive.

Back