Hubsink + Ferrotec + protective paint + black paint = WOW

Doctorbass

100 GW
Hello guys,

I just finished reinstalling my QS205 5T motor on my NYX ONE and i have to say i'm very impressed by the cooling speed!

I've run at 22s 170A batt 350A phase for a 10km ride to my work woithout moderating acceleration and motor never reached above 80 celsius 8)

On arrival the motor fins was warm witch indicate me that these transfer heat very well. These was as warm as the rest of the motor shell.

That is VERY promissing!

Also i get a cooler motor that keep torque higher in average as the winding temp witch is a limiting factor stay cooler.
= more Wh in fun and less in heat!

Too exited !!.. i wanted to share 8)

Doc

Right on man. I'm running the same thing minus the protective paint on a 3.5T and 20S. The ferrofulid and hubsink combo makes the motor a real beast. Substantially higher average powers can be maintained on a motor that was already really good in stock form.

-Jim

kingjamez said:
The ferrofulid and hubsink combo makes the motor a real beast. Substantially higher average powers can be maintained on a motor that was already really good in stock form.

-Jim

EXACT !.. motor seem a bit more powerfull for me too but maybe it's only an impression.

Great feedback on the sinks guys!

its an honor to have you running them DrBass haha, i personally felt like i was getting a longer range and more power output from the same amount of energy use while running them as well, but haven't explored testing enough yet to give a totally objective result, though running cooler/less copper resistance would make sense that its more efficient at utilising the same current for more power haha

Hey DoctorBass,

What would you think about another add-on on the hub-motor to control the pressure built-in and lower condensation using
a small waterproof air-vent...
Parker air vents.jpg

Beautiful Doc! Hubsinks+FF for the win!

Made another ride today and i drive in very high hill and mountain with alot of regen and 70km/h+ continuous speed at high grade slope as well as 14kW and 116km/h burst some times...

That combo is a MUST HAVE FOR ALL HIGH POWER ADDICT ! :twisted:

Max temp i saw was 113C after a long run to 116km/h going down a long stretch on a very slow negative slope using the Adaptto OVS at 5... I recall that the motor is a 5T ( kv of 8.9) and and wheel dia of 24.5.

Doc

Attachments

• 20170516_110531 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20170516_110531 (Personnalisé).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4,064
  • 20170516_110255 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20170516_110255 (Personnalisé).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4,064
  • 20170516_110941 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20170516_110941 (Personnalisé).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4,064
  • 20170516_121122 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20170516_121122 (Personnalisé).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 4,064
22s 170A batt 350A phase

I drive in very high hill and mountain with alot of regen and 70km/h+ continuous speed at high grade slope as well as 14kW and 116km/h burst

Max temp I saw was 113C after a long run to 116km/h going down a long stretch on a very slow negative slope using the Adaptto OVS at 5... I recall that the motor is a 5T (Kv of 8.9) and and wheel dia of 24.5

This is wonderful news!

liveforphysics said:

Hey Luke, I wonder how that 273 would look like with these hubsink! :wink:

btw i had to finetune a bit the radius of the one for the 205 to match perfectly the curvature of both of my 205. these was a bit too curved.. i flaten these and now they match perfectly my 205.

I have found that this is easier to recover a curvature that is larger than a curvature that is smaller when tightenening the screw as it is better that each of the 6 heatsink toutch the center first then when tightening them they then match the curvature of the rotor up to each end of each heatsink so all the surface is touching. the sound of each fins also get higher pitch witch indicate a perfect match :wink:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
liveforphysics said:

Hey Luke, I wonder how that 273 would look like with these hubsink! :wink:

btw i had to finetune a bit the radius of the one for the 205 to match perfectly the curvature of both of my 205. these was a bit too curved.. i flaten these and now they match perfectly my 205.

I have found that this is easier to recover a curvature that is larger than a curvature that is smaller when tightenening the screw as it is better that each of the 6 heatsink toutch the center first then when tightening them they then match the curvature of the rotor up to each end of each heatsink so all the surface is touching. the sound of each fins also get higher pitch witch indicate a perfect match :wink:

Doc

I will hubsink it as soon as I overheat it. :)

It's got plenty of room for internal fans as well.

Doctorbass said:
That combo is a MUST HAVE FOR ALL HIGH POWER ADDICT ! :twisted:
file.php
damn that bike looks nice haha

Tomorrow maybe.. i'll test that beast on the drag track! it should get great acceleration and great 1/8 mile as top speed is not very optimized but it should get a great 0-60ft and great 0-100m for sure!

Doc

sketchism said:
howd the race go!?

I would say... EXCELLENT from an ebike!!

QS205 5T motor
22s 25Ah NMC battery
365A phase
160A batt
253lb-ft torque at the wheel !

0-60ft: 2.11s
1/8: 9.7s @ 65.2MPH
1/4: 16.3s @ 70.5MPH

0-100kmh: 8.2s

This is quicker than many honda civic and even my Chevy Volt !!

[youtube]xhBz0_BNXkY[/youtube]

Doc

macribs said:
Notice the rear tire, is that a 241 trial tire? :wink:

Yes shinko 241 it grip very well on all pavement surface but slip easy on the wet mud!

Doc

Doc did you race that 2WD build on the strip? Iirc you did a 2 x max-e 2 x mxus build a few years back.How did your time card look compared to the this 205 build?

macribs said:
Doc did you race that 2WD build on the strip? Iirc you did a 2 x max-e 2 x mxus build a few years back.How did your time card look compared to the this 205 build?

I did not raced it yet. I might do this weekend...

https://www.facebook.com/events/709468725928310/

18839240_1259959387445912_1775329686716095374_n.jpg

I might try my two ebike ( The Zero or/and the NYX) but i dont have any trailer or minivan.. only My Volt to cary them:roll:
If i do it i am still not decided witch motor i'll keep on the rear... If i swap for the 3T MXUS H45 i will loose torque for the first 1/8 mile.

But what is sure is that i the front motor will remain the otehr 3T MXUS 45H and MAX E.. but i will have to set back the torque .. i will also remove the slic tire and put a offroad tire.. they have better grip by experience.

Doc

So cool. That dual drive will for sure set an even faster time. Be sure to make a post with the data from the time slip if you go to the strip this weekend.

Surprised to learn that the 241's got more traction then slick tires. Guess that trial tire got really soft rubber. The 2 WD will look fantastic with trial tires front and rear at the strip.

Back